PDA

View Full Version : Childminder Christmas hols - advice please :)

Mum-2-beauties
25-11-2013, 11:17 AM
Hi all,

I have booked my Christmas hols off with my current parents (I charge 1/2 fee), but have new children starting at the beginning of December. I wasn't planning on charging the new parents for my Christmas hols as I would of only had the children for around 2 weeks and fill its not much notice. But other childminders have told me I should charge them. Advice please guys, what would you do??

Thanks in advance x

munch149
25-11-2013, 11:20 AM
Start as you mean to go on as I say. Will they look for more favours in future if you do one now. Maybe if they are stoll in settling in period I wouldn't charge

Mouse
25-11-2013, 11:41 AM
What does it say in your contracts and have you told the new parents they have to pay half for your holiday? If they are expecting it I suppose you could charge it, although personally I wouldn't.

Mum-2-beauties
25-11-2013, 12:05 PM
Hey, thanks for your replies.

I've decided I'm not going to charge for this hols as I feel it is too short notice. X

smurfette
25-11-2013, 12:05 PM
If you don't maybe make sure they know it's a one off and next year there will be a charge just so it's not a shock! I probably wouldn't either as it's so close to them starting