PDA

View Full Version : I think Ofsted have forgot about me? (Inspection)

Miss freckles
21-11-2013, 01:48 PM
So as the title says I think I've been forgotten!

I registered in April so have been expecting my first inspection since the start of October, were very close to December now and I've heard nothing. The thing that's worrying me is that I know another cm on this forum who lives in my area and registered around a week after me has had her inspection.

Also back in October I received a letter from Ofsted that stated 'due to my recent conversation with them I had no children on roll' well I haven't spoke to Ofsted since pre reg! And there was also a form to fill in if I no longer wanted to work as a cm! I rang Ofsted the man couldn't get his head round it and had no understanding of why I would ever be sent a letter like that. He made a note on the system and told me to ignore it and carry on as I had been. I of course wrote his name on the letter with the date and time I spoke to him and filed the letter away somewhere safe.

Am I panicking for no reason? Have you ever been late to have a first graded inspection or shoud I contact Ofsted?

AdeleMarie88
21-11-2013, 01:53 PM
So as the title says I think I've been forgotten!

I registered in April so have been expecting my first inspection since the start of October, were very close to December now and I've heard nothing. The thing that's worrying me is that I know another cm on this forum who lives in my area and registered around a week after me has had her inspection.

Also back in October I received a letter from Ofsted that stated 'due to my recent conversation with them I had no children on roll' well I haven't spoke to Ofsted since pre reg! And there was also a form to fill in if I no longer wanted to work as a cm! I rang Ofsted the man couldn't get his head round it and had no understanding of why I would ever be sent a letter like that. He made a note on the system and told me to ignore it and carry on as I had been. I of course wrote his name on the letter with the date and time I spoke to him and filed the letter away somewhere safe.

Am I panicking for no reason? Have you ever been late to have a first graded inspection or shoud I contact Ofsted?

Someone I did my safe guarding training with registered 5 yrs ago and is still waiting haha she really has slipped through the net. She registered but had no children, so they didnt inspect, and never has been. She calls on a regular basis, and is annoyed because you have to still pay to be registered every year, despite not being inspected yet. She is an extreme case, but I would call them again!! X

Nicola Carlyle
21-11-2013, 01:55 PM
I've been registered since October last year and I'm STILL waiting on my first grading inspection!

Emra81
21-11-2013, 02:05 PM
Yikes! I registered in September 13 so have a watchful eye on March next year but perhaps I don't need to worry so much! i've also heard other extremes though where people have had their first graded inspection within 4 or 5 months of registering so, as ever, who knows what Mrs O is playing at!

Kiddleywinks
21-11-2013, 02:26 PM
Someone I did my safe guarding training with registered 5 yrs ago and is still waiting haha she really has slipped through the net. She registered but had no children, so they didnt inspect, and never has been. She calls on a regular basis, and is annoyed because you have to still pay to be registered every year, despite not being inspected yet. She is an extreme case, but I would call them again!! X

Not so extreme - I've been registered almost 2 years and am still waiting despite having called them 8 times now and having had my DD DBS checked earlier on this year :panic:
The last call I was told very abruptly that someone will be in touch (basically stop calling!)
Every day I think I'm going to have an unannounced visit especially as there have been 3 local to me this month alone!

mrstom
21-11-2013, 02:47 PM
I was registered March 2012 and I'm still waiting for my first graded inspection (20 months so far).

Having been ready for them earlier in the year, I really don't want them to come just yet because I'm up to my eyeballs with my Level 3 work so only managing to do the bare minimum childminding paperwork at the moment. ***'s law they'll ring tomorrow now I've said that!

k-tots
21-11-2013, 02:48 PM
Im the same called in feb to say I now have children.....not heard anything yet and over the summer a few cm in my area got spot inspections. ...im just maling sure everything is upto date until I get the call

Miss freckles
21-11-2013, 03:09 PM
Well glad to see I'm not the only one. Can't believe how long some of you have been waiting though!!

It's the not knowing that's really getting to me, I just want it over and done with!

k-tots
21-11-2013, 03:37 PM
It's the not knowing that's really getting to me, I just want it over and done with!

I feel and think the same way x

CookieCutter
21-11-2013, 04:34 PM
I've only been registered since July and had a call in October about an inspection but I didn't have any los yet. I've now been working for 3 weeks and I know I need to let Ofsted know I'm working, but scared they're going to come round too soon. I feel they should give me a few months to settle in, I don't even really have much paperwork to be looked over!

Rubybubbles
21-11-2013, 05:30 PM
Nope my childminder friend been reg since April 12 and still phoning regularly ! No sign of inspection but 3 local who have had the first inspection call! (All within dec/jan) date given not a week!

benandjerrys
21-11-2013, 08:26 PM
I registered 26 June and I had the call on Monday to ask what days I had children.