PDA

View Full Version : The things children come out with!

hectors house
21-11-2013, 11:44 AM
I had an e-mail last night from the parent of a 4 year old boy who left me last month, when he started school full time - I had included them in an e-mail to all parents.

"I was thinking of you this morning as you came up in a rather odd conversation - another (child's name) tear-jerker.
His Grandma "boyfriend", Tom, died of a sudden heart attack a few weeks ago and X has been quite sad about it because he was very fond of Tom. He was asking me what had happened to his body so we had a long chat about funerals, burial, cremation etc which ended with X declaring that he'd like to be cremated and have some of his ashes scattered at the seaside, some at a fun fair and some in Sarah's garden! And all this before breakfast."

It made me cry and then I replied saying I had once told my husband that I wished to be scattered from the cliff overlooking Calgary beach (Isle of Mull) and my husband reminded me that I didn't want to be cremated and that people may find random limbs on the beach a little off putting!:laughing: