PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

line6
21-11-2013, 07:52 AM
Am due my first inspection 'by the end of the month'. I've had the call to warn me. I only have one child and he is only with me basically 2 mornings a week so I have told the inspector this. Trouble is one of the days I'm supposed to have him next week mum has a day off work and she wants him at home. I've asked her nicely if I can borrow him for an hour or two but she really doesn't want to give up her precious time with him as she is struggling with her new routine and not seeing him much. Am I right in thinking I will be downgraded if no child is present? What would I do if he was due to come but he was ill? Advice appreciated x

mama2three
21-11-2013, 07:58 AM
Phone and ask for a message to be passed to the inspector that youre not working on that day , hopefully they will reschedule if that's the day they have pencilled in for you.

bunyip
21-11-2013, 09:11 AM
I don't think you're downgraded if no lo's present: you just wouldn't be graded at all. One of the CMs in my village only does schoolies, so Ofsted inspect to ensure she satisfies the childcare register requirements, but can't grade her cos no EY children to observe. For this reason, I suspect Ofsted would probably avoid visiting until you had at least 1 EY child present, but call them to check.

line6
21-11-2013, 09:26 AM
I guess they can't downgrade me as such because I haven't been graded yet! I just don't see the point in them coming out to me and then not grading me. She said she 'has to do me by the end of the month' so that only leaves one day. If she can't do me then does anyone know what happens? I'm going to ring Ofsted now anyway to see I think.

bunyip
21-11-2013, 10:15 AM
I guess they can't downgrade me as such because I haven't been graded yet! I just don't see the point in them coming out to me and then not grading me. She said she 'has to do me by the end of the month' so that only leaves one day. If she can't do me then does anyone know what happens? I'm going to ring Ofsted now anyway to see I think.

The answer probably has a lot to do with "targets".

"Targets" are a means of ensuring that, whilst everything in the world get done far more badly than it might've been, at least the bosses get accurate statistics on how badly things are being done. :p

line6
21-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Great - 'targets'! I don't think the mum involved gives a hoot about Ofsted targets when it means she won't get that time she wants with her child!