PDA

View Full Version : Feeling poorly

Rickers83
20-11-2013, 01:15 PM
I'm really not feeling good today, didn't feel great when I woke up but was too late to do anything then.
I ache, feel sick, hot.
I have a lo here til 5.30 & have to get his brother from school too, but mum is working from home today.
Should I call and ask her to collect?

Sounds like a stupid question when I read it back, but I'm new to this and wasn't sure

moggy
20-11-2013, 01:19 PM
Sorry to hear you are feeling ill, it is really going round here.

You must look after yourself- your are responsible for those children and if you vomit, collapse, lose concentration, can't cope on school run etc then you are putting them at risk. Stop, make the phone call and close for the rest of the day. Take care of yourself.
Remind parents you are closed for 48hrs if you do have V&D, they might appreciate prior warning if you are feeling that rough.

natalieatk
20-11-2013, 01:41 PM
I'm also poorly today so had to cancel u kids..thank goodness I did..I feel dreadful..have been in bed since 11am..couldn't have looked after my own children today never mind minded ones! X

Kiddleywinks
20-11-2013, 01:52 PM
Agree with Moggy, you need to look after yourself or the consequences of not doing may cost you more - and not just financially ;)

I started feeling 'odd' friday evening, hot/cold/clammy so rested up.
Saturday night in the early hours was up and down to the bathroom - kept feeling like I was going to puke, poop myself or do both at the same time (sorry TMI), thankfully I did neither and was feeling 100% better by Sunday night so managed to avoid cancelling Monday

Call mum, and go to bed

AliceK
20-11-2013, 02:49 PM
There's a lot going around at the moment. My DD has been off school all week with sickness bug, needless to say I had to close yesterday and today and had already booked tomorrow off as DD had a hospital appointment tomorrow morning miles away, had already booked and paid for the hotel to stay in tonight, had to cancel hospital apt and hotel so all in all this sickness bug has cost me £100's after I refund all the parents for yesterday and today plus the hotel plus my day off which I now don't need but parents have already made alternative arrangements. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

xxxxx