PDA

View Full Version : Evening care

mysuri
20-11-2013, 10:05 AM
Ny ideas how much to charge for evening care? 6-11pm at my house? My daily rate is £35 x

natalieatk
20-11-2013, 01:07 PM
I would charge £6 per hour up to 9pm my hour fee is £3.70 so not quite double time..

Goatgirl
20-11-2013, 01:14 PM
Depends on the circumstances. My official line is that I charge double time outside my normal working hours, but I may bend this a bit in exceptional circumstances and charge time and a half. WOuld have to weigh up how I feel about the whole situation.

bunyip
20-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Depends rather on how you feel about it and what the parents will accept.

I recently had cause to check local babysitting rates, and they are running at £9ph for an unqualified, unregistered, uninsured babysitter. Make of that what you will. :p

Personally, I steer clear of the argument that "you're going to pay more cos this is my precious family time". My precious family time is precious: so precious that clients don't get offered it. I'm simply not prepared to sell it at an increased 'mercenary' rate.

For me, the big question would be: do I want this at all? As you have a day rate, can we assume you have daytime mindees? That being the case, can you (or do you want to) work a full day then work again until 11pm, get up in the morning and do it all over again?

If you don't have daytime mindees, can one evening client sustain your business and pay your way?

little chickee
20-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Assuming that you are willing to work these hours i would charge £7.50 per hour per child which is double time for me.
I would do it occasionally but certainally not as a regular thing. No way i could or would want to work 8 am to 11 pm every day.

BlondeMoment
20-11-2013, 02:20 PM
Wow. I've had it by 6.30 let along 11pm lol.
Def double time at least I'd say

amyp
20-11-2013, 02:30 PM
I am open 24/7 and charge £4.50 an hour no matter what the time.

amyp
20-11-2013, 02:32 PM
Also is the 6-11 regular? Because that is late for a child- you should maybe offer overnight care?

dawn100
20-11-2013, 02:45 PM
What age child is it for. As I think it would really disturb them to remain at your house so late, I assume you would put them to bed then would have to wake them when parents come and collect at 11pm.
I don't think I would want to take on a child for those hours on a regular basis not just because of the late finish for yourself but I don't think it would be fair on the child on a regular basis.
If its a one off I would charge between 1 1/2 - 2 times my hourly rate.

mysuri
20-11-2013, 04:10 PM
Thank you for all your help. Apparently the child will probably stay awake and wait for his mum- he is 4........... Do I need to say anymore?!! I'm giving it a trial run to see how I find it. Business is very quiet for me so I don't have anyone on a wed other than my own children. Spoken to CSSIW abd I need to have an evening and weekend policy - anyone know what to write?! X

tulip0803
20-11-2013, 04:57 PM
Thank you for all your help. Apparently the child will probably stay awake and wait for his mum- he is 4........... Do I need to say anymore?!! I'm giving it a trial run to see how I find it. Business is very quiet for me so I don't have anyone on a wed other than my own children. Spoken to CSSIW abd I need to have an evening and weekend policy - anyone know what to write?! X

I have worked evenings and weekends since March 2010 and CSSIW have never asked for a policy!

karen m
20-11-2013, 05:40 PM
I have often worked evenings/weekends and I don't have different policies

Mummits
20-11-2013, 06:11 PM
I don't have anyone picking up after my own children have gone to bed (i.e after 8pm). I'd possibly offer to babysit at the parents' house if it suited me and My OH was home. I charge £7.50 an hour/part hour up to midnight, £12.50 an hour after, with a four hour minimum.

scottishlass
20-11-2013, 06:50 PM
The latest I work is 8pm one night a week for siblings aged 6 and 18 months and think that is late enough for them and me!! Xx

mysuri
20-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Hmm the inspectors can be quite picky.. I have to do my risk assessment again and add in my statement of purpose about evening care...... X