PDA

View Full Version : I said NO.

maryp0ppins
20-11-2013, 10:00 AM
I said it in my head so I said it out loud.

New parent asked this morning if she can have extra & come Friday too as she needed to sort 'stuff out', lo is 9 months & is becoming extremely clingy & wants to be picked up a LOT I already have lo 3 days per week. Friday is my easiest day of the week plus I'm going out Friday evening.

Start as I mean to go on with my newbies else they'll expect all the time, I know this from experience.

Am I being a meany????

Goatgirl
20-11-2013, 10:04 AM
:).
No, you're running your business the way you want to and sticking up for yourself :thumbsup::thumbsup:.
Now all you have to do is say no to the guilt trying to creep in :D

mysuri
20-11-2013, 10:06 AM
Stick to your guns!! Xx

maryp0ppins
20-11-2013, 10:07 AM
:). No, you're running your business the way you want to and sticking up for yourself :thumbsup::thumbsup:. Now all you have to do is say no to the guilt trying to creep in :D

How did you know lol. Already thought about texting her to say yes. I'm Not I'm Not I'm Not if I do ill only hate myself for being a wuss :-/

Tulip
20-11-2013, 10:11 AM
You know what you want, you've made up your mind, a great way to start I'd say :)

Kirstylob
20-11-2013, 10:16 AM
Don't change your mind. If you do then mum will ask or more and more cos she knows your a soft touch. Mum asked you to have baby so she could have an easier time 'sorting stuff out' but why should that mean your easy day harder? Don't feel guilty. X

Koala
20-11-2013, 11:44 AM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Well done! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

ja-lula-belli
20-11-2013, 12:06 PM
No good for you! That's the point of working for yourself. You can do what ever makes you happy or that you feel is right. X

Ja-Lula-Belli Childminding

JCrakers
20-11-2013, 12:36 PM
Excellent :thumbsup:

Can you send some of you assertiveness my way as this morning I seemed to lose mine when a parent who does ad-hoc asked me if I could keep her 10yr old until 6.30pm when I finish at 6pm. I said Yes, no problem in a text but if she could have seen my face it would have been a little grimaced :laughing:

bunyip
20-11-2013, 01:04 PM
You're not a meany for being realistic and saying "no".

Actually, it would be selfish to say "yes" and agree to something you don't want to do, just to avoid upsetting and to be liked. That way only leads to resentment, and by being honest you're saving yourself, the child and the client all the problems that come with that.

Good for you, and well done. :thumbsup:

cathtee
20-11-2013, 02:44 PM
Not a meany at all, well done for saying no. I have said yes before when really wanted to say no and then regretted it, start as you mean to go on, wish I had

maryp0ppins
20-11-2013, 07:59 PM
Thanks all. Stuck to my guns. I've been feeling poorly today & have now caught a stinking cold so even more happy now I've said no.
Xx

Essbops
20-11-2013, 09:29 PM
Well done for sticking to your guns!

clairer
20-11-2013, 09:33 PM
She has booked you for three days so really it is up to you whether you want/need the extra days work. It's your day off and you expected to have a day off so it's annoying when suddenly your day off is trying to disappear! If she wanted four days she could have booked four days in the contract and then you would have been prepared for it.

Have faith in yourself x

birch24
26-11-2013, 06:15 PM
We all need to learn to say no more often I think. Well done :D