PDA

View Full Version : don't know who was more confused!!

doris127
19-11-2013, 11:54 PM
Was chatting with a 4yo mindee on the way back from nursery about her weekend. She had been on a day out with someone I know but not seen for ages. Last time I saw her she was beginning the process of adopting a 2nd child.
Lo - she has a new girl
Me - that's lovely - what's she called?
Lo - Paper
Me - sorry?!!
Tried a few times but kept getting the same answer. Sometimes lo isn't very clear so spent the afternoon trying to think of girl's names that sound like Paper - and drew a blank.
At pick up I mentioned it to mum and told her what she'd said. Mum burst out laughing. The new little girl is called Paige!

mrstom
20-11-2013, 06:33 AM
That's brilliant! I love the things that children come out with :D

smurfette
20-11-2013, 08:21 AM
Have a friend with a daughter called
Paige so I guessed half way through your story., how adorably cute!! Congrats
To your friend !

Maza
20-11-2013, 09:10 AM
Oh that made me laugh out loud! Mind association! Funnily enough, yesterday I asked my daughter's friend what part she had been given in the Nativity play and she said "Page". She said it several times and her mum and I are at a loss as to what she could be!

JCrakers
20-11-2013, 09:18 AM
lol...that's so funny :laughing:

My mindee always kept talking about her friend who lives on her road, her name was 'Eleven'

Ok, I thought, strange name but each to their own.

Turns out her name is Evelyn :D

Tulip
20-11-2013, 09:38 AM
Lol it makes perfect sense now, brilliant:laughing:

kellyskidz!
20-11-2013, 09:39 AM
Lol that's one for the memory book! Bless her xx

loocyloo
20-11-2013, 09:52 AM
Oh that made me laugh out loud! Mind association! Funnily enough, yesterday I asked my daughter's friend what part she had been given in the Nativity play and she said "Page". She said it several times and her mum and I are at a loss as to what she could be!

Could it be a page ie servant to the 3 Kings?

I love the Paige and Eleven stories!