PDA

View Full Version : Hand foot and mouth incubation??.

natalieatk
19-11-2013, 02:28 PM
Have a minded who has hand foot and mouth, I have her sister but she has stayed home, is there any incubation as hap says none, however it's highly contagious, I have an 8 month old minded and 2 year old plus my own children, if it's contagious these children can catch it if il allow her to come. What does everyone else do?

Tulip
19-11-2013, 08:25 PM
http://www.hpa.org.uk/webc/HPAwebFile/HPAweb_C/1194947383816

Hi, I've just found this on the Health protection agency website
Hope it helps you

Simona
19-11-2013, 08:31 PM
More info here and yes the advice is to keep children away from cms and nurseries because it is contagious

Hand, foot and mouth disease - Introduction - NHS Choices (http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/hand-foot-and-mouth-disease/Pages/Introduction.aspx)

natalieatk
19-11-2013, 08:46 PM
Thanks...so should I say no she can't come..lots of conflicting information about incubation! Her school says she can go

hectors house
19-11-2013, 08:48 PM
Depends how bad child is feeling and where blisters are - I don't generally exclude as you say the Health Authority poster says there is no exclusion - I try to stay out in fresh air as much as possible, only have out toys that can be sprayed regularly with anti bac and am paranoid about hand washing and using hand gel every half an hour! Haven't ever had anyone else catch it - not once it's been diagnosed anyway.

tigwig
19-11-2013, 09:59 PM
I always exclude for this. My ds got it aged 1, he was horrendously ill. Its done the rounds recently and I excluded everyone for around a week. Mine are all if the age of putting toys in mouth and sharing and no matter how much sterilising I do it isnt enough!

natalieatk
20-11-2013, 01:38 PM
Thanks I was going to exclude..turns out I'm poorly with a bug so had to cancel.. She is 3 and does tend to put her hands in her mouth and always coughing so was worried about that..when I'm better and she reruns il just make sure I keep an eye on her