PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Bromley area?

BeckyStephenie
18-11-2013, 08:41 PM
Hello,

I'm thinking to move to the Bromley area, more specifically Bickley and wondered if there was much demand for childminding there ? Im doing my course at the minute, but think it'll be a better idea to be OFSTED registered when I move.

Many thanks,

Becky :D

FloraDora
18-11-2013, 09:43 PM
Sorry - I don't live in the area, but can't resist commenting as the only thing I know about Bromley is their Early years team produce millions of policies - I wondered if you are expected to adapt them all to your setting when you apply to be a new childminder??!!!!'

Mrs Scrubbit
18-11-2013, 09:46 PM
Sorry - I don't live in the area, but can't resist commenting as the only thing I know about Bromley is their Early years team produce millions of policies - I wondered if you are expected to adapt them all to your setting when you apply to be a new childminder??!!!!'

Thats all I know about Bromley too!xx

SYLVIA
18-11-2013, 10:23 PM
Hi, I grew up in Bickley. Now live in Orpington. I can't advise on childminding needs but I've been doing it since 1999 and never been out of work. Have you got a particular part/area of Bickley in mind.

BeckyStephenie
19-11-2013, 07:42 PM
What other policies do they have? But yes, I suppose I would have to as that's where my family lives and I want to do childminding lol

BeckyStephenie
19-11-2013, 07:44 PM
Thank you Silvia, that's reassuring. Not really to be honest. Just wherever I find the 'perfect house'. It generally seems like a lovely area. Especially as Hayes and Keston are my favorites, but unfortunately very out of my price range lol

SYLVIA
19-11-2013, 09:27 PM
I lived between petts wood and bromley. My parents lived there for 50 years. My ex mum inlaw lives near keston mark. I'm near chelsfield station. It would be nice to maybe meet up if you do decide to move near.

BeckyStephenie
19-11-2013, 10:06 PM
I lived between petts wood and bromley. My parents lived there for 50 years. My ex mum inlaw lives near keston mark. I'm near chelsfield station. It would be nice to maybe meet up if you do decide to move near.

Yes that would be really good! Very nervous about starting up childminding for the first time, so will need all the tips and advice I can get. Will keep in touch with when I'll be around, have to sell my house first, but yet to have any offers. Boo!

serin
20-11-2013, 11:49 AM
Im in Grove Park near Bromley. Initially you have to grow your business and getting your first customer can take months. After that I found there has always been good demand but you can go 3 months without work until you get another one. But thats just how this business works. Invest, buy lego, kids blackboard, kids table chairs, high chair etc so when your customers approach you they will be drawn to your setting. If you sell yourself well then you will always be in good demand

BeckyStephenie
20-11-2013, 12:29 PM
Im in Grove Park near Bromley. Initially you have to grow your business and getting your first customer can take months. After that I found there has always been good demand but you can go 3 months without work until you get another one. But thats just how this business works. Invest, buy lego, kids blackboard, kids table chairs, high chair etc so when your customers approach you they will be drawn to your setting. If you sell yourself well then you will always be in good demand

I have a 3 year old daughter, and kept her bits over the years so have near enough everything. My developmental officer said I only have to get a few bits for school aged children, so I'm pretty much ready to go :clapping: