PDA

View Full Version : Thats why i don't do that!!!!

18-11-2013, 04:57 PM
Have always been anti school mindees and much preferred babies. However a mindee I have had since very young started school in sept and I couldn't bear to see him go so I agreed to having him before and after school which has been fine. Another childminder has gone on holiday and I was asked to cover two of her school mindees this week so I said yes as I had room but day one of having them and I am regretting it!!!! One of them doesn't listen to a word I say and keep climbing and jumping on my sofas which is a big no no! The other one just won't sit still and keeps picking up the baby as if she's a doll!!! I have found it SOooo stressful!

sarah707
18-11-2013, 05:57 PM
Time to lay down a few ground rules I think!!! Mine don't behave like that - they know I would be very cross if they even tried.

Good luck x

blue bear
18-11-2013, 06:38 PM
When you pick the up and n the walk one, go over all the rules so they have them clear in their head, ask them what the consequences of breaking the rules should be, you will find they stick to the rules better when they have made up the punishment themselves.

Tina O
18-11-2013, 09:18 PM
I find that the after schoolers can get a little too comfortable on occasions and I have to have a few days of being mega strict to bring them back in line. Jumping on my sofa.....my mega pet hate!

natalieatk
19-11-2013, 02:31 PM
Think you need to lay down a few rules, my after schoolies are well behaved, however can get put of line if there to exited, I like a nice long walk home if it's nice to wear them out then they can play or watch tv or read whilst I do tea or the can help depending what it is

gef918
19-11-2013, 03:41 PM
I had some after schoolies like that and found I had no time to spend with the lo's. So I gave notice and have decided not to take on any more after schoolies.

kellyskidz!
19-11-2013, 03:51 PM
Ahhh and I prefer the after schoolies!
I think because they go to school they listen more, when I tell my tiny ones to get down from the sofa they stare at me as if I'm from Mars then if I go to take them off, they quickly get down so they can understand just choose to see how I'll react lol
I find I have more conversation with older ones too as, as much as I love it, sometimes talking goo goo gaga all day can be tiring
Mind you my own dds 5 and when she was a baby I didn't like older kids as I didn't really know what to say to them, what they were interested in etc etc so I guess it changes, or depends on the kids themselves