PDA

View Full Version : Hate letting people down but want to give notice

munch149
18-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Have an after school child who's to put it nicely a pain in the ass. He's constantly bouncing off the ceiling doesn't listen and does the opposite of what I say. Doesn't respond to time out and when it's happened frequently it then kicks off big time. The other day he hit me (more to make a po

Koala
18-11-2013, 04:48 PM
Don't blame you - i'de be saying - Bon voyage or jog on!

I can see you have tried with sanctions etc... etc.... and I won't insult you by telling you your job, sometimes some kids and parents need to know anti social behavior it is not ok, it won't be tolerated and do not come again!! harsh but I don't care! If more harsh was dealt maybe folk would think twice and self discipline imo some kids get away with too much, particularly school aged children.

munch149
18-11-2013, 05:01 PM
He's been throwing things at me tonight so have contacted mum. I feel like a failure but to be honest behaviour management with older kids has never been my strong point. It's so much easier when they come to you young and learn your boundaries from the off, rather than having to correct behaviour later on

skatie
18-11-2013, 05:09 PM
I feel for you but it's the best decision to give notice. I have had to give notice to a school lie for terrorising my 2 yr old... In the words of the other children 'he grabbed him round the neck, shook him and rugby tackled him to the ground'.... Notice served!!

sing-low
18-11-2013, 05:18 PM
He's been throwing things at me tonight so have contacted mum. I feel like a failure but to be honest behaviour management with older kids has never been my strong point. It's so much easier when they come to you young and learn your boundaries from the off, rather than having to correct behaviour later on

You are NOT a failure. Don't beat yourself up about it. Just move on.

Koala
18-11-2013, 06:11 PM

Your not a failure, you are right to give notice, in fact he wouldn't get any notice from me - I would close the door and he wouldn't come back!! I would not stand for behaviour like that at all and I agree It's so much easier when they come to you young and learn your boundaries from the off, rather than having to correct behaviour later on :thumbsup:

FloraDora
18-11-2013, 07:07 PM
Oscar Wilde once said " The best way to make children good is to make them happy."

He has a point: children who behave the best tend to be the happiest. Those who feel neglected, misunderstood or under pressure are the ones who typically act out.

clairer
18-11-2013, 08:53 PM
I'm feeling for you, I currently have a similar thread going x x