PDA

View Full Version : New couch ideas?

jadavi
18-11-2013, 04:08 PM
We'd like to change our seating arrangements to two big couches. Any suggestions?
Anyone know of those units thingies you can push together and make big and small or are those not the mode any more?

hectors house
18-11-2013, 08:31 PM
I have a 3 seater sofa, a 2 seater sofa and 1 chair - saw a lovely round shaped chair that swivelled in Cargo yesterday - I really felt it would be fantastic for reading stories to children in, but although it was reduced from £900+ to about £300, my hubby wouldn't let me have it!

Don't know about corner units and sofas that join together, sorry - probably best to spend an afternoon browsing in DFS - surely must be time for a "Sale". :D

jadavi
20-11-2013, 10:17 PM
Thanks

Does anyone know the three seater red couch from ikea for about £325?

Is it light to move yet long lasting quality?

jadavi
22-11-2013, 08:50 PM
Now decided to get the Ektorp couch but ikea doesn't do mail order arrggh!!!

MessybutHappy
23-11-2013, 12:48 AM
We had ours delivered, extra £30 and had to wait a bit until a lorry was coming our way, but defo delivered, ordered online....a few years ago now.

And yes, light enough! Moved today too allow a den to be built behind it!!

jadavi
23-11-2013, 09:10 AM
Great! Thanks!!

Ordered two 3 seater red ones! So excited :)

It's gonna look very stark - a bright L shape in the room. I'll have to break it up with cushions and maybe some neutral throws for family
Time

Really looking forward to playing with moving them around to make the room different - ie facing each other with a rug over the top!