PDA

View Full Version : Feedback from Pre reg visit today

FloraDora
18-11-2013, 03:46 PM
My reflections on todays visit:

The visit itself was much less stressful than the thought of it last night and first thing this morning when I was hoovering for the second time 10 mins before she was due - because the dog had brought stuff in from the garden.

When preparing I had in my mind 2 children I know really well , 16 months and 54 months old, my friends grandchildren . I then went through the process I intend to use when I start CMing- wrote myself a few notes on what their mum had told me about them, added some obs points I had noticed when I was with them. Then highlighted on a EYO form what I thought their current assessment would show. From that I could see gaps and so was able to use parent info about schema and CoL and this to do a mock weekly plan for each as if they were both spending all week with me, I used this to plan my environment and recorded it. I then set up my home with this in mind.
As I walked around, supposedly discussing my risk assessments and resources I could talk freely about why I had done something and the reason for certain resources because I had a picture in my mind for these two children.

The next part was to sit at the table and talk through my policies, only a small amount of time was spent on safeguarding and that was through discussing my Safeguarding policy.

Then we talked at length about the 'teaching' - and how children learn. I talked through my planning - it was good to have it in this format as I can talk about things better if it is a real situation rather than remember the buzz words. I used them all but did so whilst I was explaining the reason for providing an activity or an adult focus. The time flew by, I didn't feel it was an ' interview' it was just me discussing my vision for my new business.

The inspector made me feel relaxed and we had several professional discussions.

I feel through these that I am well able to start CMing and can't wait for the certificate to come...!!

Hope this is useful to those still awaiting the visit.

Tulip
18-11-2013, 07:39 PM
Fantastic floradora, really pleased for you :)

Kidston
18-11-2013, 07:47 PM
Glad it went so well for you. Thank you for the tips and insight unto how it went really helps

Vikki5531
18-11-2013, 07:57 PM
We'll done! I start my pre-reg course in January, so it's great when other members leave feedback, thank you :)