PDA

View Full Version : Christmas crafts

jadavi
18-11-2013, 11:24 AM
Can I ask people to post their favourite Xmas crafts they do with children?
Mine is salt dough shapes painted and glittered up and hung up on a string.

I'm looking for new ideas

Also fun things to do with a mindees photo for presents for the parents ? Other than a card or picture frame....

k-tots
18-11-2013, 11:48 AM
When my eldest was with her great gran...she made a fairy for the tree with a picture of her head on....still have it and it was a lovely pressy x....this year ive been collecting cardboard tubes so we can make little Christmas trees :-)

shellbells39
18-11-2013, 01:32 PM
I love to make reindeers - one foot print using brown paint wait for paint to dry. Then add two googly eyes and a small red fuzzy ball for the nose.

KatieFS
18-11-2013, 01:34 PM
How do you make salt dough? Sounds good great thread!

jadavi
18-11-2013, 01:59 PM
Salt dough is mixing water flour and salt to a dough and cooking it in shapes in a low oven.
You can google quantities.

hectors house
18-11-2013, 02:14 PM
looking for new ideas for Calender - parents present- have got a 4 year old mindee who has done 3 Christmases with me - so have done Reindeer using footprint for face and handprints for antlers - googly eyes and pom pom nose

Have done a triangle of green paint handprints to make a Xmas tree and then decorated

Have done handprint Angels (blue on in middle for dress and then yellow ones for wings) with their faces on with tinsel round the top.

I like using handprints (as it shows the size of the child) but have run out of ideas.

We have also done 5 pointed star made into a Santa with their photo on top point with cotton wool for trimming, and last year made a joint effort handprint wreath and decorated it for inside porch door - looking forward to getting that out again this year.

Have also done stencil of a snowman and rabbit and printed the Snowman & Rabbit poem for Xmas cards

Covered cardboard triangles with tin foil and decorated with plastic gems and stapled together to make Xmas trees, sandpaper gingerbread men scented with cloves, decorated with buttons and pieces of wool.

We always make and decorate cakes, biscuits, mincepies etc

gef918
18-11-2013, 02:53 PM
We do Advent decorations. Last year, we made a paperchain - each child added a new link each day. We measured it as it grew larger throughout December.

The year before, we painted a large Christmas tree and each child added a different decoration each day.

jadavi
18-11-2013, 03:13 PM
Thanks

Great ideas

AdeleMarie88
18-11-2013, 03:47 PM
I love making Xmas wreaths out of paper plates. Cut the middle bit out, leaving you with a wreath shape, and then decorate. Depending on the age of the children you are doing this activity with depends on how adventurous you can be. I had toddlers last year, so I did the cutting out of the middle, but they stuck on sequins, wrapping paper, glitter.

This year we may do it again but I will get them to cut out this time.

If you search Pinterest (my bible) you will find hundreds of amazing ideas!

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/323977766915245956/

mrstom
18-11-2013, 05:19 PM
These are all great ideas. Thanks. Does anyone have any pics to share from last years Christmas crafts??

Just waiting for my crafty crocs order to arrive :D

yummyripples
18-11-2013, 09:12 PM
This is my first one this year

yummyripples
18-11-2013, 09:14 PM
I am also attempting