PDA

View Full Version : Tips for labelling photos-playing in the leaves

clairer
18-11-2013, 10:38 AM
I have been doing a child's development book and I am running out of blurb. I keep repeating myself!!

What would you write to label photos of a child playing in the leaves, lying in the them, throwing them, generally having a super time etc.

I have so far- Observed characteristic of learning playing and exploring/finding out and exploring, PD moving and handling, health and self care(washing hands afterwards) PSED relationships, UW the world.

Any other ideas?

moggy
18-11-2013, 10:59 AM
That's plenty. There is no point just trying to find as many areas of learning/aspects as possible per obs. Just the main one or two is all you need, and I do not label with 'aspect' at all, just 'L&D area' as the aspect is usually pretty obvious- whatever seems most important to you, what stood out most, what links best to a next step you are working towards. Keep it simple.

gef918
18-11-2013, 02:59 PM
I agree with Moggy. You don't have to cover all areas of learning in one observation. Thinking of ways to include more areas can take a lot of time, which can be better spent doing other things.