PDA

View Full Version : For all childminders

Hello you
17-11-2013, 06:15 PM
Hi everyone,

I would like to have some advises from you. I have been hired as an Assitant childminder,
this is my first experience as Assistant, because I always been Nanny working with families
and I never worked at nurseries, neither with childminder.

Would you mind, please, telling me what do you expect from your Assistant, how she must manage children,
and how she must behave herself to be a good professional to work in your lovely staff?

Many many thanks for helping me!

shortstuff
17-11-2013, 06:33 PM
I think that every cm works differently so you really need to have this conversation with the cm who has hired you.

I wish you luck and hope it works well for the both of you x

Simona
17-11-2013, 09:34 PM
Hi everyone,

I would like to have some advises from you. I have been hired as an Assitant childminder,
this is my first experience as Assistant, because I always been Nanny working with families
and I never worked at nurseries, neither with childminder.

Would you mind, please, telling me what do you expect from your Assistant, how she must manage children,
and how she must behave herself to be a good professional to work in your lovely staff?

Many many thanks for helping me!

First of all you are an employee...so make sure you have a contract with clear Terms and Conditions on what you are expected to do in terms of your duties, what training you may get etc.
Make sure you know your pay and holiday pay conditions, sickness...you should also be paid the minimum wage if you are above a certain age

If in doubt check the employment guidelines

A contract should state clearly what your conditions are etc etc ..hope this helps