PDA

View Full Version : New baby?!

clairer
16-11-2013, 10:51 PM
So on Monday I have an interview with a mum and 1 yr old baby. So far it sounds very positive and she needs to start work the week after next.

It's been two years since I have cared for a baby that young. Probably seen ten or more babies over this year but each mum has said I'm going with a child minder closer, cheaper, more suitable to my needs etc. Despite me being lovely, the environment great, last inspection result good with outstanding qualities(I am somewhat biased!).

I am quite shy and not fantastic in a "sell myself scenario".

I always show examples of the great things we get up to and parent's references.

Million dollar question what else can I do to seal the deal?

loocyloo
17-11-2013, 08:54 AM
Good luck.

I would put out a few activities to interest the babe..Maybe a treasure basket or sensory things. ( but I wouldn't do messy play! )

Chat to mum, chat to babe and be yourself. Some parents you click with and some not.

Have your portfolio for mum to look through and let her ask the questions. Maybe ask her a few ... mainly about babe ... eating sleeping crawling walking etc?
Tell mum what you do, where you go, sleeping arrangements, meals etc.

Good luck xx

clairer
17-11-2013, 05:03 PM
I do all those things, lay out age appropriate toys, act relaxed, make them feel at home, show books of activities etc.

Yes, you are right just hope we click x