PDA

View Full Version : fees

yvonne269
16-11-2013, 12:06 PM
hi im quite new to childminding and i have been collecting fees on each friday. one client has now asked to pay monthly should i ask for the fees in advance or do i just go about my business as usual and collect the money at the end of the month. just wondering what everyone else does. thanks.

watford wizz
16-11-2013, 01:24 PM
So many minders get caught out including me, learnt the hard way. Money in advance always and no service provided till it's banked x

Bluebell
16-11-2013, 04:09 PM
absolutely in advance! I agree - don't be caught out or put yourself out of pocket.

gef918
16-11-2013, 06:35 PM
I always ask for fees a month in advance.

clairer
16-11-2013, 10:24 PM
Always always in advance, (unless it is an ad hoc infrequent thing for just a few days).

I invoice a month in advance... a few weeks before due. If there any extra days or hours I put it on the next invoice due.

It works really well.

Bluebell
17-11-2013, 07:20 AM
I've started asking for 4 week deposit too - this means if there is a time when the person has forgotten the cash, pays a week late or just leaves with no notice I have a bit of a cushion / security blanket.
As a parent I know there were times when I turned up at the childminders and had forgotten to put that days money in - I would be mortified and make sure I paid it ASAP - but my childminder didn't know that!