PDA

View Full Version : knock on the door

funemnx
15-11-2013, 06:17 PM
Hubby & I vegging in front of the telly when a lady over the road just knocked on the door to ask if I had a space for her 11m baby.

We've had a couple of days off and we were both half asleep, forgot to tell her most of the things she needed to know and must have seemed a bit dim :blush:

She wants me to start with him the week after next for 1 day a week. Really chuffed as it was the only space I had available :D

Luckily, I got her e-mail address so I could send her all the stuff I forgot (including hourly rate!)

line6
15-11-2013, 06:50 PM
Good news filling up your space. I had a similar thing today. I was walking my dog across the park. No kids with me - mindees or my own. Lady with a buggy walking through the park suddenly says 'how much do you charge?' Then proceeded to tell me about her college course, ability to claim costs and marital status before I could say anything else - including that I'm not taking on anyone else at the mo. Random. Good though I guess!

SJ35
15-11-2013, 08:01 PM
I've just had an enquiry for a full time 2 yr old and before and afterschool for a 4 and 7 year old!
Gutted that I don't have room. I asked when she would need it to start thinking about possibly finding an assistant but she needs help from Monday!
I'd need a bigger car too lol x

munch149
16-11-2013, 08:09 AM
I had a friend come up to me yesterday and say I need to talk to you. She sounded all serious and I thought something was wrong and then she proceeded to ask if I had space for her child in January as she wants to move childminder (nothing wrong with current one but went with her because she was a good friend but she was actually a fair distance away and wants something closer). Don't know if I will yet but it would be nice. All the mindees I've got now I knew before I minded them and they all know each other so it's a great little group.

tas
16-11-2013, 08:19 AM
Thats great for you! :)

I also once had a neighbour living opposite me do the same which then led on to her next door neighbour also using me for her two children.

It did have its down side...... during snow days they were still on time! :laughing:

The Juggler
16-11-2013, 08:35 AM
wow! that's what you call filling your spaces with minimal advertising - lol. wait til she sees you on full form - she'll be mega impressed ;)

funemnx
16-11-2013, 09:14 AM
I'd deliberately left off advertising the space onTuesdays because come January I'll have 2 1/2 hours almost every Tuesday off due to lo starting playgroup but obviously the cosmos had other ideas...:rolleyes: :laughing::laughing:

ja-lula-belli
16-11-2013, 09:34 AM
Wow what great news for you filling that space. X

Ja-Lula-Belli Childminding

clairer
16-11-2013, 10:44 PM
Wow that's amazing. I think I have only ever had one stranger approach and say you are a child minder aren't you? I saw your car sticker! And then they didn't go with me!