PDA

View Full Version : Ever have one of those days.....

doris127
15-11-2013, 05:20 PM
where you think a job herding frogs would be easier!!!?!!

I currently have 3 1yo mindees on a Friday morning. Sometimes everything goes smoothly - other days not so much!!

By 11 o'clock this morning I had 2 accident forms and an incident form filled out and a kitchen and playroom that looked like a bomb had hit it.

We went out for a walk with 1 lo in the double buggy and the other 2 on wrist straps walking beside me. The little girl was girning - she's just back from being off ill - so as I picked her up and was strapping her in the buggy the other walking lo was playing with his hat - pulling it down over his eyes which he thought very funny until he stepped to the side and managed to get a branch of a thorny bush under his chin which has left a 3 inch scratch under his chin. Feel so bad - dad due in next 15 mins. It's the lo's first accident here so don't quite know how he'll react!

When we got back we were a sitting reading a story when the little girl leant over to another lo - I thought she was going to give him a kiss as she does that all the time - and bit him on the arm for no reason at all. Thankfully both sets of parents were OK about this!

Thank Goodness it's Friday - only 15 minutes to go!

sarah707
15-11-2013, 05:28 PM
Oh my word what a day!! Thank goodness it's Friday!

Doctor Sarah prescribes wine / cider / beer / alcohol / chocolate :laughing:

cupcakencookie
15-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Must be something in the air today! I had a 1 yr old, a 2 yr old and my 4 yr old today. Baby in pushchair, 2 yr old on reins and 4 yr old walking. Baby dropped her comforter and we walked a few more steps before I realised by which point Baby was emiting an earpiercing scream.. tried to walked back a few steps with pushchair and child on reins who managed to tangle himself up in the pushchair and create an even louder noise! Thinking better of walking backwards i turned to 4 yr old to ask him to pick up comforter for me only to realise he had managed to get his foot stuck in some iron railings which were built on a small wall we were passing. So he was balanced with one foot on the ground and the other at hip height until I managed to get his shoe off and his foot loose! All this on a busy shopping street!! Definitely bring on the wine and chocs!

doris127
15-11-2013, 07:49 PM
Am now chilling with a coconut beer while I wait for my curry to cook!

Thankfully lo's dad was very understanding about the scratch. Happy weekend everyone!

clairer
16-11-2013, 11:43 PM
Ha ha ho ho what would I do without you all making me laugh!:):):):)