PDA

View Full Version : do I take on another child?

Npg1
15-11-2013, 06:57 AM
Hi. Ive had an enquiry for a 15mth old 2 days a week school hours. Everyday I have 2 children under 2 apart from on a wednesday when I have 1 child and I didnt really want to have another child on this day as I like the quieter day. Do I take this child on and have 3 children? Im just a bit worried about taking them out etc

mrs robbie williams
15-11-2013, 07:11 AM
if you have a double buggy you will be fine taking them out - one on reigns or holds onto the buggy - i have three most days at the mo, sometimes four (although i must admit when i have four we dont leave the house :D) go for it :thumbsup:

thills
15-11-2013, 07:30 AM
I have a buggy pod so I can still go out with 3, it's great. Wen I have 4 I stay in, or get my assistant in and we take 2 doubles :)

JCrakers
15-11-2013, 08:13 AM
If you're happy with what you have then don't take any more on, unless you really need the money :D

gef918
15-11-2013, 02:33 PM
I agree with JCrakers - if you're happy with your numbers and don't need the money then say no.

bindy
15-11-2013, 02:51 PM
I guess only you really know!, If the only reason is getting the children out, its not impossible. I take out 4 quite easily but 2 are much older 2.5/3 years, so walk. I have used in the past, a pod that fits on the side of the buggy or a buggy board or even a triple buggy!

lisbet
15-11-2013, 05:06 PM
All of my children are under 18mths at the moment. Some do whole days, and some do half days or 'school hours'. It works out that I have 3 children together for about 5hrs of the day. This seems to provide a good balance between meeting each child's needs properly, making a viable income and keeping my sanity, lol!

The times with 2 feel much easier than with 3, but it's getting easier as they get older. I also have most of the school holidays off; I think I might possibly stick with 2 if I worked all year round.

It make me laugh that if, as a mum, someone says that they have toddler twins*, people say "Ooh, you've got your hands full!", but if a childminder says she has two toddlers, they say "Oh, so you've got a space?"

*No disrespect to mums of twins: I have friends with twins and I realise it is a completely different ballgame mothering twins around the clock x

clairer
16-11-2013, 11:54 PM
It sounds like you have enough on your plate. Unless you desperately need the money.