PDA

View Full Version : Child destroying equipment!

14-11-2013, 01:34 PM
Have a mindee that loves to eat toys! She puts everything in her mouth and chews on it! It started off with my car seats.....she tears a hole in the fabric, pulls out the foam and eats it! She has now destroyed the computer share by ripping the fabric and eating the foam seat :(. And today she came to me with blue pastiche in her mouth!?!? I had no idea where it had came from until later on when tidying the toys, I found the happy land trucks blue wheels had been chewed apart!!!! Not impressed!!

Glitter
14-11-2013, 02:23 PM
It sounds like this child might have pica. It is a disorder where people eat non food items.
My youngest daughter used to eat sudocreme and talc. The doctor said it was caused by a mineral deficiency and a change in her diet cured her of the habit.
I think you need to talk to parents and suggest they get medical advice as some of the things she is eating could cause her problems.

Or it could be that the child just likes to have some thing in her mouth all the time. One of my mindees has had his dummy taken away during the day. He now wanders around sucking on rattles, toy cars or teddies all day instead.

I think you also need to talk to the parents about your equipment being ruined. It could end up costing you a lot to replace everything the child is eating!

Tulip
14-11-2013, 02:54 PM
It sounds like this child might have pica. It is a disorder where people eat non food items.
My youngest daughter used to eat sudocreme and talc. The doctor said it was caused by a mineral deficiency and a change in her diet cured her of the habit.
I think you need to talk to parents and suggest they get medical advice as some of the things she is eating could cause her problems.

Or it could be that the child just likes to have some thing in her mouth all the time. One of my mindees has had his dummy taken away during the day. He now wanders around sucking on rattles, toy cars or teddies all day instead.

I think you also need to talk to the parents about your equipment being ruined. It could end up costing you a lot to replace everything the child is eating!

Wow I learn something new on here everyday!