PDA

View Full Version : So mad with myself!

mummyof3
17-07-2008, 12:37 PM
I started out with good intentions I joined slim world and lost 1st 3lb then I left because it was too expensive. I have put it all back on again and just got back from my hols and was the same weight that I started at and I didnt want to be!!! Why do I do that !! :angry: :censored:

I'm seriously thinking about going to the doctors and get slimming tablets because I just can't afford a slimming club or expensive diets etc and I need discipline. Has anyone used slimming tablets from the drs?

charleyfarley
17-07-2008, 01:06 PM
Alot of us have been there, lost weight and then put it all back on, I know I have.

Well done on losing the weight in the first place though :clapping: Shows you can do it.

I haven't tried them myself but I know a couple of people that have and they have always worked but I will say that both of them put the weight back on.

Good luck

Carol xx

deeb66
07-08-2008, 08:30 AM
Hi Sarah

There are 2 different slimming tablets that you can get from your doctors.

Orlistat (also known as Xenical)- This is a fat blocking pill which you take everytime you eat.

It has some very nasty side effects in that it forces the body to discard a percentage of the fat eaten which makes your poo quite greasy and smelly.

Another nasty side effect is wind.......very smelly wind!!

I tried it several years ago but to be honest I found it a waste of time because you are supposed to be on a low calorie/fat diet anyway.

I found that the nasty side effects really wasn't worth me taking the tablets but on the other hand I do know people that got on really well with them and give them a lot of credit for their weight loss.

Reductil - A majority of doctors don't like giving this drug in fact my doctors surgery has collectively refused to prescribe it to their patients but some surgeries do.

I have given you a link to a site that compares the 2 and gives you some more information

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/slimming/pills_review/xenical_reductil.htm

HTH

fishbones1
15-08-2008, 09:03 AM
If you still have your slimming world books, have a look back over those and they may help you to eat the right foods without going to the club.

I currently go to SW and have brought a few recipe books so when I reach my target weight and decide to stop going I have the books their to keep me in the right direction.

Hopefully you can do it without tablets cause once you stop them, the weight can again come back on I know it did for family members.

angeldelight
15-08-2008, 09:56 PM
Oh Sarah most of us know how you feel

Join us again on Monday hopefully with our support you will do it this time

Good luck

Angel xx

Spangles
15-08-2008, 10:15 PM
I know exactly how you feel as I'm in the same boat as you.

It's totally gutting and it's hard to understand why it happens.

I remember being so chuffed with my weight and feeling so slim and then I just started eating rubbish again and put it all back on plus some! I can't seem to change my eating habits and I don't have a clue why!

A lot of us know exactly where you are coming from, you're not alone on this.

FizzysFriends
16-08-2008, 07:33 AM
Some drs will give you vouchers for SW so its free. It depends on what area you live in (isn't the NHS great :panic: ) but would be worth asking if yours do.