PDA

View Full Version : Being eligible to provide free childcare for 2,3 and 4 year olds?

Taleasoldastime
13-11-2013, 07:32 PM
Hiya i was wondering what the requirements were now as they seemed to have changed? Do you just need a good or outstanding ofsted grading and approval by your la consultant? Do you not need to have done the nvq level 3 anymore? I'm very confused by all this as I am
Not being kept in the loop :/

Rick
13-11-2013, 08:46 PM
The Level 3 should no longer be a requirement but some LAs seem to be still making it one.

Contact your LA as they are the only ones who can answer this :thumbsup:

Taleasoldastime
13-11-2013, 08:52 PM
thank you for your reply, i had a feeling this might be the case :) i emailed my la 2 weeks ago and i received a letter yesterday - in gobbledegook - that didnt answer my question, but i am just assuming that i am now eligible - yay

Shamai
14-11-2013, 12:30 PM
Hi if you search for LA Funding on here you will find some previous posts on the subject. One of the posts is mine - where I was originally told by my LA that I have to be accredited and join a network before I could offer the funding but after sending some links provided by Simona my LA confirmed I could now offer it. LAs should not be imposing any other conditions apart from a good or outstanding grade - so keep at them if they say otherwise :)

Simona
14-11-2013, 08:47 PM
May I Make a plea to cms to refer to funding as 'Early Education' and not 'free Childcare' ?
The funding was never intended to offer Childcare and we must resist any attempt by politicians to describe it as such
Thank you