PDA

View Full Version : Learning journals which books?

dottylotty
13-11-2013, 02:50 PM
Hello I need to start doing a learning journal for my 5 & 7 year old who started lady month. What books do you use? & where do you get them from?

Also is it something we have to do or Ofsted just likes us to do?

Many thanks

JCrakers
13-11-2013, 04:37 PM
Hi,

You wont have to do one for children 5 and 7 :D You could do a scrap book if you wanted to do something as they will be at school most of the time.

I'm not 100% sure if the 5yr old needs a LJ , I've stopped doing them since Sept 12 but still have to make sure Im are following EYFS guidelines until he/she finishes foundation stage but just don't write stuff down anymore when they start school

sarah707
13-11-2013, 05:45 PM
I do them up until the children start school then they get a scrap book and a choice of what they want to put in it.

I use my own paperwork and it goes in a lever arch file.

You will find lots of help and information on this thread :D

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/learning-journals-scrapbooks-diaries/117181-learning-journeys-links-free-help-advice.html

AdeleMarie88
13-11-2013, 05:58 PM
I got some great ones from butterfly prints, there was. 25% voucher in last months nursery world magazine, there are fab! Let me see if I can find the email address to order them! X

AdeleMarie88
13-11-2013, 06:02 PM
I got some great ones from butterfly prints, there was. 25% voucher in last months nursery world magazine, there are fab! Let me see if I can find the email address to order them! X

Just opened my nursery world and found an advertisement for diaries, £2 each no minimum order, earlyyears.diary@butterflyprint.co.uk. Quote NWA1 when ordering and get 25% off!

This is. Post from sept, not sure if the voucher code wills till apply, but I am very happy with these learning journals, full of space for mindees to draw/write in too, and space for photos x