PDA

View Full Version : Dinner mayhem!

13-11-2013, 02:34 PM
I have a mindee that has been with me since he was very young. He used to do very long days with me so had all his 3 meals here. Since starting school in sept, his mum has reduced his hours and more often than not, will turn up to collect him early. She has got into the habit of texting me each day to tell me wether i need to give him dinner or not. At first it was ok but now I'm finding it a pain! For example she has only just text at 2.30pm today to say that he will require dinner at mine later but I've already got it prepared and haven't included him!! Not sure what to do :(

JCrakers
13-11-2013, 04:40 PM
Just have a word with her and tell her the current way of working is working for you. I couldn't work like that either. I need to shop and plan and can't do that if I don't know until an hr before.

Just say he will have to have tea at home and you can give him a snack to keep him going :thumbsup: That's what I would do

greanan
13-11-2013, 05:13 PM
I agree with the above post - couldn't she tell you the night before if he needed tea at yours?

munch149
13-11-2013, 05:48 PM
Just say that she needs to tell you on the morning at the very least but ideally the day before. Do you charge anyway ie if normally picked up at 5 but got at 4 would you still charge until 5?