PDA

View Full Version : Wooden train set

smurfette
13-11-2013, 09:51 AM
Hi guys

I have an ikea wooden train set ., this morning I have a 3 year old who normally won't get involved in very much and he is playing with a Thomas train station, it makes noises and is plastic. Would really like to get a wooden one though to go with the ikea one,, can anyone recommend a wooden train set with station?

smurfette
13-11-2013, 09:53 AM
Ok so I see the Thomas range do a wooden one (only daughters here!) would that be compatible with the ikea one?

tulip0803
13-11-2013, 10:05 AM
If it is the wooden one with jigsaw like ends they tend to be pretty universal. I have bits from Brio, ELC, Tesco and another shop that was taken over and I can't remember who it was but anyway they all link together:)

oh and Argos:thumbsup:

Smiley
13-11-2013, 10:07 AM
I currently have a 3 year old who adores my wooden track, over the years I've added to it. It now has pieces from different shops but all compatible. Some sets have more people etc than track but it depends what you want, some basic starter ones are good value
LILLABO 20-piece basic set train - IKEA (http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/30064359/)

Big City Wooden Rail Figure of 8 Train Set : Big City Wooden Rail Figure of 8 Train Set : Early Learning Centre UK Toy Shop (http://www.elc.co.uk/Big-City-Wooden-Rail-Figure-of-8-Train-Set/135595,default,pd.html)

loocyloo
13-11-2013, 02:21 PM
Big Jigs make generic train bits .. The track fits ikea elc and brio. We've got lots of big jigs ... several websites and shops sell it.

:-)

Can't add link as on phone!

vals
13-11-2013, 02:31 PM
Asda have a set in their 2 for £10. Not seen it out, but good price.

smurfette
13-11-2013, 02:39 PM
Asda have a set in their 2 for £10. Not seen it out, but good price.

Good stuff! They have some good things on that offer!

smurfette
13-11-2013, 02:40 PM
Big Jigs make generic train bits .. The track fits ikea elc and brio. We've got lots of big jigs ... several websites and shops sell it. :-) Can't add link as on phone!

Have the table from this and love it! Looking for something with a large station, so might have to be Thomas but thanks guys will check it all out!

Jenna
13-11-2013, 03:58 PM
I've got a set from toys r us Its from their universe of imagination range its fab there's a station a turn table, tunnel, noisy parts of the track, bridges the lot. I've put parts of my brio train track with it and on the box it says can be used with most other wooden train sets.

smurfette
13-11-2013, 04:19 PM
I've got a set from toys r us Its from their universe of imagination range its fab there's a station a turn table, tunnel, noisy parts of the track, bridges the lot. I've put parts of my brio train track with it and on the box it says can be used with most other wooden train sets.

Thanks sounds ideal will take a look at weekend!

gef918
14-11-2013, 02:12 PM
We tend to make our own accessories for our wooden set, e.g. a water tower made out of a toilet roll, straw and paper cup or an engine shed/works out of a small box. Much cheaper that way!