PDA

View Full Version : letter to parents for time off

oxfordshirecm
12-11-2013, 03:53 PM
Hi,

i want to have the 25-27th of december off this year so want to put together a letter to let parents know this... also i want to find out what days they will need me for around this time so i can plan what days i need my assistant and the best day for our xmas party etc.

i am rubbish with words and wondered if anyone can help me write this in a letter please?

TIA x

hectors house
12-11-2013, 04:15 PM
I did a poster for my inside door and also gave all parents a smaller copy to take home

Christmas Holidays

I will be working up to and including
Monday 23rd Dec 2013

CLOSED Tues 24, Wed 25, Thur 26, Fri 27
As these are the days my husband has off.

Open again on Monday, 30th for those who are back to work or want to go “Sales” shopping

Open on Tuesday 31st December 2013 (New Year’s Eve) for those who are back to work or want to sort out their New Year’s Eve fancy dress costume!

CLOSED Wednesday 1st January (New Year’s Day) 2014

Open and back to normal on, Fri 3rd 2014

Can everyone please let me know their Xmas requirements as soon as possible – Half fee retainer applies to all days that I am open and available to work providing you give me 4 weeks notice – you may be able to swap days if I have spaces, on a first come first served basis.

I put some festive clip art on it too - if you are open and it is mindees contracted day to attend then they should pay whatever their contract states.

I do have one mindee who would really like me to open on Friday 27th - but I don't want to work for £3.75 an hour and it's not fair on other parents to have to pay half fee for a day that I don't to be open on either - so I have declined.

cathtee
12-11-2013, 07:00 PM
I sent out dates in a newsletter at the end of October,

saying: I would be grateful if you could let me know which days your child/ren will be coming over the xmas school hols as many
of you have time off and don't always send them. I would like to be able to plan activities for those who will be with me, I am available
mon tue the first week and mon tue thurs the 2nd.

So far only 2 out 5 of have let me know.

oxfordshirecm
12-11-2013, 07:14 PM
Thank you for your replies that's helped me lots :)