PDA

View Full Version : not sure what to say?mindee winding up my lo

kims kingdom
11-11-2013, 07:57 PM
Really need some advice from all you very useful forum peeps

so my mindee who has just turned 3 is turning into or has always been but I hadn't noticed a little trouble maker
when all four children up the table two are my own and im in the kitchen they argue I have pointed this out to mum and
said I will do all I can to not leave the room when they are up the table I made a kind certificate and if they are kind throughout the whole time of sitting up the table they name will be put on that.
I always thought it was my son he can be a little tempemently sometimes but after hearing the 3 yr old say to my lo move out the way!!
in a very aggressive manner im beginging to think it wasn't always my son that starts the arguements.
I couldn't believe I saw it for my own eyes then on the same day when mum came to pick her up getting her coat on she was practally punching her mum and very aggressive voice all to get her coat on and mum just said oh wont get a lot out of you tonight.
And also my children stopped having sleeps when they were nearly two but if I go out in the pushchair with her (no she doesn't walk far) cant be doing with the whinging she falls asleep I tell mum that shes falling asleep doesn't seem to worry her but do children need a sleep does other children same age fall asleep???
can I just apologise for my spelling

any advice would be very grateful

Tinkerbell1979
11-11-2013, 08:10 PM
Not sure what to say on behaviour front but with regards to sleep, they are all different, my boys stopped nappy at 15 months and 20 months, my daughter is 3.5 and still flakes out for 1/2 an hour a every few days (would have longer but I wake her as she then won't go to bed until wayyyyy too late)

sprinkles
11-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Not sure about behaviour thing but LO I look after sleeps for 2-3 hours every afternoon and she's 2.5 years. She goes down about 1pm and I have to wake her about 3.30pm so she can have snack etc before mum collects just after 4pm. If mum isn't coming until nearer 5pm she sometimes sleeps til after 4pm and I have to wake her.

Mum has never told me not to let her sleep - she says if she needs to sleep then she needs to sleep. Her sibling did tell me that she often gets up and goes through to the living room after they've gone to bed so I have a feeling she is often up late.

yummyripples
11-11-2013, 08:49 PM
Really need some advice from all you very useful forum peeps

so my mindee who has just turned 3 is turning into or has always been but I hadn't noticed a little trouble maker
when all four children up the table two are my own and im in the kitchen they argue I have pointed this out to mum and
said I will do all I can to not leave the room when they are up the table I made a kind certificate and if they are kind throughout the whole time of sitting up the table they name will be put on that.
I always thought it was my son he can be a little tempemently sometimes but after hearing the 3 yr old say to my lo move out the way!!
in a very aggressive manner im beginging to think it wasn't always my son that starts the arguements.
I couldn't believe I saw it for my own eyes then on the same day when mum came to pick her up getting her coat on she was practally punching her mum and very aggressive voice all to get her coat on and mum just said oh wont get a lot out of you tonight.
And also my children stopped having sleeps when they were nearly two but if I go out in the pushchair with her (no she doesn't walk far) cant be doing with the whinging she falls asleep I tell mum that shes falling asleep doesn't seem to worry her but do children need a sleep does other children same age fall asleep???
can I just apologise for my spelling

any advice would be very grateful

Yes children can need sleeps at an age where others don't. She sounds like she is whinging because she is tired. Perhaps that is why she is being aggressive to your lo and her mum. Could you put her down to sleep at all?
As for the not walking far, take them to the park or something with bo buggy, she will have no choice but to walk. Start off with a short distance and gradually increase it.
Set a goal and work towards it. Look at why she may be axting in certain ways and try to tackle it

Jenna
11-11-2013, 09:04 PM
I'd suggest to mum maybe putting her down for a nap and see how she goes I have 7 mindees all part times the oldest is 3.5 and most if mine nap or even if they don't we normally have a wind down time after lunch so they can chill out and restore their energy. My own ds will b 3 next month some days he doesn't nap others he has a good 1,5 hours and needs it all depends what we've been doing. I find my mindees will nap a little longer here than they usually do at home but I think that's because there's so much going on.

Mrs Scrubbit
11-11-2013, 11:02 PM
All children have different needs with regards to sleep requirements, one mindee is over 3yrs old and still has a pm nap every day and settles at 7pm for parents- all we do now is allow a 1hr nap and this is proving enough to refresh and recharge the LO- as far as not wanting to walk, at this age (and as long as the distance was appropriate) I would loose the buggy! xx

kims kingdom
13-11-2013, 11:56 AM
Thanks everyone had a much better day with her yesturday didnt fall asleep and was fine.
Im shocked that some children have naps I guess my own children didnt need them but went down to sleep at night times fine.
Thanks for advice everyone ill see how it goes but definitely think she may behave like it coz shes tired.

k-tots
13-11-2013, 12:30 PM
My 2.5 lb still has a nap if he doesn't he gets over tired. ..my 15m lg has two naps....sometimes my 3y mindee has a nap ( normally on a weds and just before lunch and nusrey so have to wake up) I know other parents with same age childre who dont have naps now and are also potty trained. .my lb is not interested one bit...each child is different x

tori4
13-11-2013, 07:12 PM
I would still have nap if I could and I'm 30 something ;-)

And yes all my LO 1,2 and 3 yes have a afternoon nap and are much better for it.

clareelizabeth1
13-11-2013, 07:34 PM
I had a nap today after lunch.

It was so nice