PDA

View Full Version : giving up: guilt/fear/what to say

hulahooper
11-11-2013, 02:11 PM
don't get chance to come on and post very often.

A large number of childminders have left/leaving/cutting down due to stress/changes/etc. Just wondered how do people handle the guilt of that (especially when you're going to see parents at school for example) and what are people putting or saying to parents.

Thanks.

sarah707
11-11-2013, 05:42 PM
I suppose you'd just say that you have had a change of circumstances.

I hope you are ok xx

MessybutHappy
11-11-2013, 07:04 PM
I don't think i'd feel guilty. If I made the decision to quit it would be for a very good reason, and I try not too feel regret or guilt about the decisions I make.

mrs robbie williams
11-11-2013, 07:04 PM
you obviously have good reason so i would say due to change in circumstances xx i know you feel bad just like i would but i had a mum give me notice totally out the blue last week as grandma has retired and is going to look after lo so its made me think i need to toughen up a bit and think about me for a change now xx good luck xx

KatieFS
11-11-2013, 07:17 PM
I think when time comes whenever that it, I will feel bad initially but as others said it would be for good reason and parents can and have cancelled contract so it's just the way it goes sometimes
I think as long as you are honest with parents, what's there to be guilty about?