PDA

View Full Version : Children's folders

tomthumb
17-07-2008, 11:31 AM
Hello
I am wondering how long you keep things in their folders and how do you decide what goes home and what stays with you! The children have done some collages and painting and I have not given it to parents yet as I am not sure whether we are meant to keep them for ofsted to look at.
What sort of things do you put in the folders? their drawings, paintings, collages etc or anything else as well??
Thanks for your help

Elodie XX

elaineg
17-07-2008, 11:39 AM
I take photographs of what the children have created as evidence for Ofsted, this goes into a scrapbook and the children take home their work. If they have worked on a topic, everything goes home at the end of the topic, again I take photos and put them in a scrapbook.

love Elaine XXX

crazybones
17-07-2008, 11:42 AM
I take photographs of what the children have created as evidence for Ofsted, this goes into a scrapbook and the children take home their work. If they have worked on a topic, everything goes home at the end of the topic, again I take photos and put them in a scrapbook.

love Elaine XXX

I do the same.:D

sarah707
17-07-2008, 11:52 AM
I think if the child has left, then Ofsted will not want to see their folders, so I keep everything until the child is leaving.

Obviously I share it with parents in between times and try and get their comments. :D

venus89
17-07-2008, 01:40 PM
I've been taking photos of some of their craft work (although they're all a bit tiny so if I get a scribble on a bit of paper it's good :D ) and I have a display board with some of their work on - I've been doing seasons.
Just wondering of you take photos of ALL their craft work or just some?

Mrs.L.C
17-07-2008, 01:58 PM
I usualy put a photo in of the child doing the activity. I keep some for their folder which goes home with them when they leave and also send some home. Usualy if we have painting /sticking the chidlren do more than one picture anyway so in the folder and 1 to take home.
I also put 1 liner observations in with the work/photo...just things like "lo enjoyed this and called it her dog"

brillminder
17-07-2008, 02:49 PM
i do photos of art work then i also have a record to show parents etc the type of stuff we do , so often one pic whith child being proud and one of work too :) , i had my pc of slide show when ofsted came also to show and the children love to see them selves :)

Pauline
17-07-2008, 02:55 PM
I usually get the children to do more than one picture - one for home, one for the wall and one for their folder, they seem to enjoy knowing that they are going to be kept and enjoy looking at their folders and their own work.

Where this is not possible then photos of the work is a good idea :)

miffy
17-07-2008, 03:22 PM

love Elaine XXX

I do this too

miffy xx

tomthumb
17-07-2008, 09:03 PM
thank you for all your great ideas. I now have to find one that works for me.

Elodie XX

Gherkin
18-07-2008, 07:15 AM
I'm another one who takes photos. I take photos of the childrens work and of them doing the work and then cut and paste these into their observations with notes.

All of mine love taking their work home. I'll keep some stuff up for displays and there is always at least one massive picture up that all of the children contribute to.