PDA

View Full Version : Update - My LA just confirmed funding

Shamai
11-11-2013, 12:06 PM
After sending links (provided by Simona) by email to my LA yesterday regarding CMs being able to offer funding, I have received the following email from my locality officer:

Just to let you know that it has been decided to open up the opportunity to access the Nursery Education Grant and the 2 Year Offer funding to all good and outstanding childminders by offering the opportunity to sign up (on a Service Level Agreement) to be a “Funded Provider”. This will not entail additional assessment by the LA.

They had a meeting this morning and the issue was already being raised so my email was forwarded to the manager leading the meeting.

As Bunyip mentioned in yesterday's thread, I do not class Truss as a CM friend but in this instance her plans for "More Affordable Childcare" has enabled me to keep a child already in my care and has entitled a parent to receive funding without having to move her child to a different setting. I do not agree with CM agencies and will remain independent. If I have to fight to remain as one, like I have had to fight to receive the funding, I will.

As for my Monday morning, I'm feeling a tad more positive :)

sarah707
11-11-2013, 05:46 PM
So pleased it has worked out for you!

I know Simona will be delighted if you send her a message and let her know :clapping:

Simona
11-11-2013, 07:18 PM
After sending links (provided by Simona) by email to my LA yesterday regarding CMs being able to offer funding, I have received the following email from my locality officer:

Just to let you know that it has been decided to open up the opportunity to access the Nursery Education Grant and the 2 Year Offer funding to all good and outstanding childminders by offering the opportunity to sign up (on a Service Level Agreement) to be a “Funded Provider”. This will not entail additional assessment by the LA.

They had a meeting this morning and the issue was already being raised so my email was forwarded to the manager leading the meeting.

As Bunyip mentioned in yesterday's thread, I do not class Truss as a CM friend but in this instance her plans for "More Affordable Childcare" has enabled me to keep a child already in my care and has entitled a parent to receive funding without having to move her child to a different setting. I do not agree with CM agencies and will remain independent. If I have to fight to remain as one, like I have had to fight to receive the funding, I will.

As for my Monday morning, I'm feeling a tad more positive :)

Oh...here you are Shamai...I left a message on your other post to say well done!!:clapping:

Opening the funding to CMs is the one good thing Truss has done (mind you without CMs she would be begging to place 130,000 needy children!!!))...whether we survive on the pittance I am not sure when the children get to 3 and 4...but at least we are being included and many Cms are happy with this...so we can move to the next stage of the campaign: getting the funding increased so that it reflects our provision.

I will post this link here too in case you have missed in the other thread...just to prove that without CMs Truss 2 year old scheme would not be the success she claims (incidentally the Shadow minister for Early Years thinks the scheme is not a success because not all 130,000 children have places...that is politics for you!!)

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/92000-2-year-olds-already-receiving-free-childcare