PDA

View Full Version : outdoor toys

yummyripples
11-11-2013, 09:39 AM
How clean are yours? I am sat outside while the little ones are happily playing in the rain and my toys are filthy. Any tips to keep them clean in winter? Also what can I use on my decking to stop it being slippy

hectors house
11-11-2013, 09:56 AM
It is really hard to stop outdoor toys going green and slimy - set up a car wash, put the mindees in wellies and waterproofs, give them bucket of warm bubbly water and a sponge and scrubbing brush!

sing-low
11-11-2013, 10:09 AM
I am really fortunate that we have a huge covered area where I can store most of the outdoor toys. I think them being out in all weathers means they get dirty. I also cover the ones that I really can't get inside with a tarpaulin. We have one for the Ikea table and chairs that I bought (it's supposed to go over a bench but it fits ok).

PixiePetal
11-11-2013, 10:48 AM
I am waiting for a dry day to powerwash them and dry them so I can store in the summerhouse and get out when needed. Today it is cold and we have horizontal rain!

Today we will be indoors till it stops :)

Daisy1956
11-11-2013, 12:41 PM
I use a product called Algon gets rid of all green stuff on paths can also be used on plastic but I haven't used in on plastic great on paths though.

primula
12-11-2013, 12:23 PM
I have seen chicken wire tacked on to wooden paths to stop people slipping, maybe it might work on decking? As for toys mine are just the same! going to have a clean up and try and store them somewhere dry!