PDA

View Full Version : Slapped cheek!

Nicola Carlyle
10-11-2013, 12:19 PM
Anyone got any experience of this? I think my own daughter has it. She's 8.

She was sooooooooo sick last weekend over an 8 hour period through the night. We put it down to something she ate. Then during the week a red rash appear on both her cheeks. I put this down to hormones (very emotional just now over the silliest things etc) however it hasn't gone away.

She is fine in herself (still emotional) but the crash is hot to touch. She says it's not sore but it's a little tingly ANC she feels fine.

I've check the hpa guidelines and there is no exclusion period but just wondered what everyone else did. x

critch
10-11-2013, 12:30 PM
My daughter had it a few weeks ago, the rash appears to be raised on the cheek if you run your fingers over it and a slight temperature and a cold/ flu like symptoms , perfectly fine to carry on as normal!

blue bear
10-11-2013, 12:41 PM
Nothing you. An do once the rash comes out it's nearly over. Just let anyone she has been in contact and is pregnant know. They will need to advise their midwife they have been in contact with slapped cheek (to be honest most adults have had it as a child and are already immune)