PDA

View Full Version : Activity ideas for a two year old

LollyLolita
10-11-2013, 09:26 AM
Hi everyone. I am newly registered (certificate arrived last week) and by word of mouth looks like I will be looking after a 2 year old full time (7.30 - 6pm) Mon - Fri.

I would like to start planning now and was wondering where the best place would be to get ideas on activities that fall into each development area. Just need a good place to start as I have been going round in circles looking on the web.

Many thanks

Lollylolita x

Hummingbird84
17-11-2013, 10:41 AM
Hello!

Im unsure where you would find ideas on the web but having a 16 month and 5 yr old myself I already know dome thing to spark the mind!
Shape, space, memory and sensory games and activities are great at this stage. Whether that be playing silly magic games, fitting shapes games, very basic puzzles, bubble blowing, water play (splashing, pouring, measuring into different containers, making potions as mine would say!) Feeling and experimenting with all things sensory ( music and sound, touch, sight, hearing) I had an idea of putting up some fairy lights, bringing out some torches and making blanket tents in the play area. Just to make an activity different and exciting! And playing with different materials like fabric, wool, buttons; all these things are great for play and experimenting.
Story telling and showing. Acting out a story can really make children laugh and engage in the story.
Going for small walks, basic hide and seek, colouring, sticking and using different materials, painting, play dough modelling are all great things too.

Hope ive helped, good luck! Xxx