PDA

View Full Version : feedback forms?

Bluebell
09-11-2013, 10:39 PM
I want to do some feedback forms - I did my own last time and need to redo it this time to include lots of things that I can then feedback on my SEF - do the parents feel well informed of their childs progress, do they feel happy with activities I provide, do they feel i have provided sufficient information on EYFS, learning areas, etc etc.

What questions do you ask on your feedback forms - what do you think is important that I include?

loocyloo
10-11-2013, 09:01 AM
i used to have a very in depth questionnaire ... most parents still gave brief, vague answers and another mum gave VERY in depth negative answers ... ie she couldn't see childrens work displayed as she didn't go in playroom ( her choice not to! ) she was told healthy meals were provided - she had to assume that they were ... etc ! ( this mum DID have control issues! and left not long after! )

since then I do a brief questionnaire :D ( still get the same generally vague answers! ) if any one flags up anything I need to respond to with more than a thank you, I then write them a letter and have a chat/ask them to come for a meeting (sounds more formal than it is really!) I don't ask anything specific about EYFS, as none of my parents are that bothered about it, and all tell me they wish I didn't have to do all work I do.

I ask them to put their name/childs name/childs dob and date child joined setting then the following questions;

1.Are you happy with the format we use to communicate with each other or would you prefer an alternative method, or a combination of methods. (daily diary, chat at hand over, text, email, phone calls, other?)
2.Are you happy with the current routines and activities that we do or would you like any new ones introduced?
3.Are you happy with the menu that I provide? Would you like me to introduce any new foods? Have you any concerns about your child’s diet that you would like to discuss with me?
4.Do you have any concerns about your child’s development?
5.Are you happy with the methods I use to manage your child’s behaviour?
6.Are there any alterations you would like to make to our contract? For example changes to hours, contact numbers etc?
7.Any comments you would like to make about my service.

Bluebell
10-11-2013, 10:34 AM
I have had a very positive response to my feedback forms. Everything was
are you happy with....? - yes
can you suggest any improvements or things you would like to see done differently? ... - No

I'm not sure if it would work if say they did say something specific I wouldn't be able to get back to them individually to resolve.

Thank you for your question suggestions - very helpful thank you!

Bluebell
10-11-2013, 02:04 PM
eek - I have done an online surveymonkey -questions had 3 options yes no maybe and then a box after each bit to add comments.
I'm not sure if I've done it right! for example I'm now thinking I should have given a N/A answer as I'm sure some people will not need to answer all the questions!
will probably spend rest of day checking data to see if anyone has answered lol!

clairer
10-11-2013, 07:51 PM
I think I printed mine from the BCMA and they were fairly concise. It's under policies and procedures- other downloads. A great source of support.

Bluebell
13-11-2013, 08:14 AM
Ok so even though I was a little worried that if I did an online survey I wouldn't be able to address any individual issues I decided to go ahead and do one.
I wanted it to be anonymous because I wanted parents to be honest!
As it turns out they mostly referred to their child by name so I do know who did what - I asked the parents to fill it in and also the 2 parents of children who have just started school.
It was 5 questions but the first 3 are broken into questions that were No / Maybe / Yes type options and each question had a box after so the parent could comment if they wanted to.Probably a bit longer than it needs to be. I'm surprised how positive the feedback has been - I thought a couple of them might find something to get off their chest but all in all very good and anything that has been said has been very constructive. I probably should have posted this earlier so I could get feedback before putting it out there! Anyway any comments for next time are welcome and welcome to adapt anything that you would like to for your own use.
I was trying to prompt answers that would help me with my SEF.

1)*What do you feel about the care your child receives at ****? Do you feel it is a caring and kind atmosphere?

Do you feel it is a caring and kind atmosphere?
Do you feel your child is happy?
Do you feel your child is safe?
Do you feel your child is making good developmental progress?
Do you feel you child is supported individually? (eg potty training, learning to walk, settling-in)
Does your child enjoy the outings available?

2. Is *** good at two-way communication which benefits your child's development?

Do you find the setting approachable and welcoming?
Do you find it easy to broach subjects you would like to discuss with ***?
Do you feel welcome to phone, text, e-mail or facebook *** about your child?
Do you feel well informed by *** about your child's day?
Do you like the parent facebook page?
Do you feel well-informed about your child's development, progress and learning?
Do you like Orbit, the online learning journey?
Do you feel Orbit is easy to access?
Do you feel able to share information through Orbit of your child's progress and interests?

3. What do you feel about the running of ***?

I have read the policies and procedures available to me on the website.
I have accessed the Early Years Foundation Stage link on the parent page.
The opening times available are flexible for my needs.
The play area has a good layout / space available.
The garden has a good layout / space available.
I am happy with the outings provided for my child
I am happy with the routines provided for my child.
*** works well with other settings and agencies
*** strives to improve the setting
*** undertakes ongoing training to improve the outcomes for children
I am happy with the service provided
I am happy with the cost of the service
I would recommend the service to others.
Changes have improved the provision.

4) If I introduced formal parent meetings to discuss your child's progress would you be interested in this?

No - I already feel well-informed through current Informal measures Yes- I would like an annual meeting Yes - I would like termly meetings

5)any other comments, questions or concerns?