PDA

View Full Version : Help - where does this "fit"?

MessybutHappy
09-11-2013, 06:15 PM
My little man, aged 18 months, was laughing his socks off because we were burying him under the parachute. Given that he's always cried buckets at the mere sight of a tent, this was quite a big step for him, but I'm not quite sure where to "put" it with in the PSED area... any thoughts?

Cheers!

Messy but totally undecided!!

cathtee
09-11-2013, 06:49 PM
could it go in self confidence and self-awareness - explores new toys, and enviroments but checks in regulary with familiar adult as and
when needed.

moggy
09-11-2013, 08:49 PM
Just 'put' it under PSED, you do not need to try to fit every obs into an 'aspect' sub-section- they will not all fit! DM is just a brief overview of things children might do, it does not cover everything, it is not trying to and we do not need to use it that way. As long as you know what your were seeing in the obs and you know the significance then that is super, record it in a way that helps you remember it and use it.

lisbet
10-11-2013, 12:46 AM
What Moggy said :) And you could also put it under Characteristics of effective learning - Playing and exploring - Being willing to have a go x

MessybutHappy
10-11-2013, 08:42 AM
Thanks everyone! I guess the Monica in me needs to tick a box even if only loosely! I'll stick with PSED and write it up focusing on the CoEL. Thanks again, at least I know I haven't missed it in another area!

gef918
10-11-2013, 12:11 PM
I agree with lisbet, sometimes observations are much more about how the child is playing, rather than about what they can do.