PDA

View Full Version : yell.com

devoncm
17-07-2008, 09:15 AM
Ive just had a call from a lady from yell.com asking me to advertise my vacancies with them, she said that people who do get average of 8-16 more calls a month then those who dont, it cost £116 a year but can pay in monthly installments with no interest starting october or can have a bigger advert of 7 lines for £127 yr with slightly higher installments each month from october, i thought that wasnt too bad if you got the calls

what i want to know is has anyone used this service and had enquiries?

i would go for it as is only about £12 a month from october but i have no mindees at moment and if i have none october then i would be stuck in paying it.

would any of you do it?

sarah707
17-07-2008, 09:25 AM
I do not think we should have to pay to advertise. Especially in places like yell.com when there is so much free stuff around.

Oh except once it cost me 45p to put a card in a newsagent's window :cool:

devoncm
17-07-2008, 09:33 AM
I did in the end say ill have a think about it and get back to her as she found my saying no hard to hear and take in so in the end i listened to her gabble and said id think about it but still not wanting to pay that much.

I do get alot of calls like that, ill register for the free ads then they'll ring trying to get me to pay for essentially the same thing and they all find no hard to take in.

I wont be going for it thats for sure, thanks sarah

Pudding Girl
17-07-2008, 09:59 AM
They'll not take no for an answer them yell people, amongst the most obnoxious of cold callers I ever have had :mad: I get a call most days despite saying eff off lol!

Mrs.L.C
17-07-2008, 10:49 AM
I told them they were to expensive and not what childminders can afford. However I am on Yell.com for free and have been for about 3 years now. Think you can do it online with a basic add of your name and number but its not in the yellow pages but to be honest I have only had 2 calls from that add. I think netmums.co.uk are the best and is free. I was on there for a no more than a month and got my first enquiry and round here thats good

devoncm
17-07-2008, 10:52 AM
ive had one from there and they chose to go to a nurser setting in the end- for a 6 and 7 yr old!!!!

emmadines
17-07-2008, 10:53 AM
you can have a free advert in there (in a listed format)

http://www.yelldirect.com/freelisting/home.html

thats all Ive done!

Pudding Girl
17-07-2008, 10:56 AM
all you need is the free one anyway, plus it DOES get put in the next yellow pages.

I got my next mindee ( the mum starting college) from Yellow Pages so people do look in there!

miffy
17-07-2008, 11:05 AM
That's a lot of money to pay out - you'd need to be fairly full to afford that and if you were then surely you wouldn't need to advertise would you?

Miffy xx

berkschick
17-07-2008, 11:18 AM
Try www.gumtree.co.uk

I got a mindee from there plus loads of enquiries, and it was free!

Mrs.L.C
17-07-2008, 02:03 PM
all you need is the free one anyway, plus it DOES get put in the next yellow pages.

I got my next mindee ( the mum starting college) from Yellow Pages so people do look in there!

Oh I didnt know that. never really looked into it. Just got told it wouldnt but thats good to know. cheers

Mrs.L.C
17-07-2008, 02:03 PM
Try www.gumtree.co.uk

I got a mindee from there plus loads of enquiries, and it was free!

Is Gumtree just for london areas?

ajs
17-07-2008, 02:10 PM
i am in the yellow pages and have had loads of enquiries from there
but i wouldn't pay anything for an advert

berkschick
17-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Is Gumtree just for london areas?

No, there are counties listed on the left hand side of the page, click on yours and then it will take you through to that site.

Mrs.L.C
17-07-2008, 04:23 PM
No, there are counties listed on the left hand side of the page, click on yours and then it will take you through to that site.

Oh yeah. Cheers. Not got an area local to us but could always put in Coventry/leicester and some1 might find us

Helpinghands
21-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Hi, I advertise with yell.com and don't pay a penny! You can have an advanced ad but a standard one is just as good.

Jo

LisaH
21-07-2008, 08:11 PM
I have just registered with yell.com for a free advert.

Spent 15 minutes on the phone today convincing some annoying saleswoman that I dont need any extra (expensive) ads!!!

There are no childminders in my local yellow pages that have more than the free ad anyway.