PDA

View Full Version : assistants and cleaners

Mrsh3103
08-11-2013, 10:54 AM
I've been thinking of taking on an assistant. I'd only need him/her a couple of days a week and not all day. I've also been thinking of getting a cleaner twice a week for a couple of hours. I'm really struggling to keep up with the endless housework and washing!
Do you think it would work if I had the same person as my assistant and my cleaner?

My husband thinks it wouldn't work and I should keep the 2 seperate. What do you all think?

dawn100
08-11-2013, 11:08 AM
I can see why you are thinking of having the same person but I would probably keep it seperate.

muffins
08-11-2013, 04:39 PM
I dont see why not but I would have set times for each job so its clear whats to be done.

FloraDora
08-11-2013, 04:54 PM
My DH is my chief cook and cleaner, ironer and resident secretary, furniture maker, counselor and caretaker !!

Once he has been around the little ones and got his head around the EYFS regulations, outcomes expectations etc.. ( and once OfSTED have completed their first assessment ) I will register him as an assistant so that I can leave him with a child for a short time if necessary, school run etc.. He is a retired design and technology teacher who taught cooking and sewing as well as all the traditional crafts so he will be a great assistant but is used to working with 11-18 so doesn't want Ofsted to be judging him until he has done an apprenticeship with under 5's ( he will be fine as all visiting children and our own boys think he is great- but he doesn't see this yet and hated OfSTED when he was teaching)

His priorities will still be the cooking, clearing and cleaning but when he has finished his 'chores' he will become the assistant - unless he is needed to be with a child for some reason.

I will let you know in 6 months if it works.

Tulip
08-11-2013, 05:24 PM
I agree with muffins - set times for each job so its clear :)