PDA

View Full Version : Overnight fees

amyp
08-11-2013, 10:00 AM
An I ask what you charge over night? Sessional or hourly? And do you charge more for bank holidays?

Thanks!

dawn100
08-11-2013, 10:15 AM
I have yet to provide overnight care, but I think there are a couple of things that would influence my decision how old are they so how often will you be up in the night and if parents are nurse, police officer etc they would still be getting paid their normal hourly rate. I think the biggest deciding factor for what i would charge is the childs age. I don't work bank holidays so don't charge but if parents wanted me to work then its double time.

maisiemog
08-11-2013, 01:37 PM
I charge £5 an hour from end of normal hours until they fall asleep an from when they wake up until normal contracted start time. I then charge a set overnight rate of £25. Works for me

margaret
08-11-2013, 05:42 PM
I charge £70.00 a night ,presently have child aged 3, 1900 - 0830,3 nights a week.Can i ask why nurse or police officer would influence your decision.

appleblossom
09-11-2013, 04:38 PM
It looks like I'm too cheap then. I charge £3.60 per hour between 8am and 6pm. I have one LO overnight and charge £3.00 per hour from his usual finish time at 6pm until his usual start time of 8am the next day; so 14 hours = £42.00 for 6pm to 8am. I having been doing that since June 2012. When his Mum asked if I would I said I'd trial it for a month to see if he disturbed me in the night, then I'd review the fees based on that. He has woken me only once in all that time when he fell out of bed at 6am one morning. I haven't changed my fees since June 2012. Maybe I should.

rickysmiths
09-11-2013, 04:48 PM
I haven't done overnights but I could do them and I think I would charge my fee for 12 hours so £72.

I will work BH if given 4 weeks notice. I charge double fee for all except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day which are triple fee. I have been asked to work one in 9 years and that was a Boxing Day 8 years ago. If parents don't need care on a BH which then falls on a Contracted day they pay normal fee foe that day.