PDA

View Full Version : NCMA Attendence Book Question

clairer
07-11-2013, 10:22 PM
I have just noticed I may be filling out my NCMA/PACEY attendance book wrong. Can anyone advise?

Just as an example I have a child who does term time only for three hours a day but pays a retainer in holidays. When it's the holidays and I have to put down total hours attended obviously that's nought but in the non attending hours do I put nought also? I have been putting down the term time hours not attended and I think that is wrong.

Also there are different sections to record children's details. A child attends and he is four years so I write down all his info in the correct section. Four weeks late the child turns five years do I put a cross through the 0-4 years filled in box and write it in the 5-8 yrs box or do I leave the information where it is?!

Ridiculous questions I know!:rolleyes:

Stapleton83
07-11-2013, 10:41 PM
Ok in terms of the hours attended outside of term time if you are only taking a retainer but no hours I don't put anything down for those weeks as your attendance register is more about showing who has been there when. I have a LO who comes some days and pays a retainer for others so just write retainer across the times and 0 against the hours but that would be in a week where she has attended.

In terms of the ages my view is so long as their details are in you are ok, the cut offs are there to make sure you are minding within your ratio correctly so as long as you know you are that is fine and the rest of the information is in case of an emergency as all the contact details etc are in it. In essence no I wouldn't move the info just put it in once.

Hope that helps.

Sam x

lisbet
07-11-2013, 11:21 PM
Re the ages: when they move up into the next age band I just note their new age band in the margin next to their original details, so that it is clear from a glance.

Re the non-attending hours: as I understand it, it is for when the children are your responsibility, but not with you - for example, when they are at an after school activity.

rickysmiths
08-11-2013, 01:22 AM
I do move the child from one page to the next age so there is no confusion if Ofsted call. It does not happen that often that you need to move a child from on age to another.

If a child is attending term time only I record exact hours and day attended when it comes to holidays I mark those weeks in the register also but write in the weeks space 'school holidays' and record zero hours for the week and I get the parent to sign all the holiday weeks before they happen so it is crystal clear that they require no hours in the holidays.

What they pay or not in terms of a retainer is nothing to do with attendance and will be recorded in your accounts book only.

I agree with lisbet on non attending hours. I record Training Day if they don't attend or if they are off sick or going to a friend or granny etc. I also record if any days are my annual holiday and I get parents to sign these days/weeks as well and they are written in at the beginning of the month so the parent can see and has signed them so again it is crystal clear that I have time off coming up and they have been informed.

clairer
12-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Thanks think I'm clear on that now! So if they are not due in the unattended hours is nought (doh!)