PDA

View Full Version : Sleep mats

Emra81
07-11-2013, 01:31 PM
Can anyone recommend a good (and cheap!) place to buy sleep/rest mats? I only need 1 at the moment for a 19 month old and preferably the type that folds up so can be stored away easily...there are sooo many places to get them online, I'd quite like a recommendation. I know they've done them in Lidl in the past but I've been keeping my eyes peeled for a while with no luck.
Thank you!

loocyloo
07-11-2013, 02:22 PM
I use the value exercise mats from argos. About £5 or £6 I think.

Added bonus is they are waterproof!

I made large pillowcase type covers that I put on to make them nicer to sleep on, with a fleece blanket.

jackie 7
07-11-2013, 02:29 PM
I bought a large waterproof dog may from a pet shop. Sheet fits on but not quite long enough for bigger child. I was given 2 flat beds by a nursery and also have 3 travel cots.

Mrs Scrubbit
07-11-2013, 09:46 PM
I use air beds ( my joints don't do camping any more!) and slip them inside duvet covers that my own kids used many years ago - Thomas the Tank , Paddington Bear, and a 'Transport' one ,then cover sleepers with a fleece blanket , both are easy to wash and are quick to dry( esp the blankets). The children are allocated their 'own' covered bed so that they know the bed belongs to them . xx

clairer
07-11-2013, 09:58 PM
Argos do fold out chairs which are quite handy for guests and seats!

claire & steve
23-01-2014, 02:31 PM
Hi
I was thinking of getting some of the sleep mats are they any good and what is Ofsted's opinon on them. thanks x

Dragonfly
23-01-2014, 07:54 PM
MIne use the sofas with a sheet and blanket.:thumbsup:

Emra81
23-01-2014, 11:33 PM
I stole loocyloo's idea -Argos exercise mat with pillowcase style cover I made out of a large sheet plus a fleece blanket. The kids love it and conk out as soon as they lie on it!

Memina
24-01-2014, 01:07 AM
Do you sleep the children in the same room or upstairs

Emra81
24-01-2014, 08:20 AM
I've lucked out in that they all sleep at the same time so usually I have dd in her room, baby in travel cot in my room and number 3 on sleep mat in the lounge. If dh has been on nights and our room is out of action because he's spark out in bed then baby also sleeps in the lounge in the travel cot. I then retire to the sanctity of the kitchen with 2 baby monitors and the lounge door slightly ajar so I can hear everyone but eat my lunch in peace!

loocyloo
24-01-2014, 08:24 AM
depending on who is here, as I usually put the under 18mth-2yr olds ( depending upon size! ) in the pram in the garden, everyone sleeps on the sleep mats in the dining room. there is sometimes some giggling, but if that starts, I sit with them reading, or using my tablet and they quickly drop off! usually everyone sleeps at the same time after lunch!