PDA

View Full Version : Nuclear nappies!!!

07-11-2013, 01:04 PM
Have been looking after an 18 month old child for some time now and am concerned over the state of her nappies or contents to be precise! She has never done a 'normal' poo. They have always been runny or loose. They are so bad that more often than not they seap through and leave marks on the vest and trousers. I have discussed this in length delicately with mum but now my concern is the nappies are causing severe nappy rash :(. They are also not very smelly so sometimes I am unaware that child has done it so think rash an be caused as she is not changed quick enough!!!

moggy
07-11-2013, 01:08 PM
First thoughts would be to look at child's diet (healthy? balanced?) and possible intolerances (parents to talk to GP). Nappy-free time at home can help nappy rash enormously.

k-tots
07-11-2013, 01:53 PM
I have that withy own dd andy mindee has just started......could be down to anything. ..teething is one I always find my dd has nappies like this just before a new tooth appears x

JCrakers
07-11-2013, 02:01 PM
Ive had a few of those. (not myself personally, the mindees :laughing:)

Really acidic and none smelly, when you open them up its everywhere.....could be down to teething or possibly a milk or dairy intolerance maybe? or any sort of intolerance. Or something they've eaten if its a one off but being hat she has them all the time maybe she is having an upset stomach from something shes eaten.

TNT
07-11-2013, 02:22 PM
My own son who is 17 months often has runny, acidy, greenish almost nappies and it is always linked to teething. He gets nappy rash when he does one of those poos almost immediately, they are awful!
He also has quite loose poos most of the time, I find that if he has more milk one day that affects the consistency. :eek:
I would talk to parents and possibly suggest they see the health visitor if concerned.

jackie 7
07-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Put Vaseline on at every change. It is a waterproof barrier and has prevented nappy rash in a lo with a bottom that went vivid red and sore with the hint of poo.

chris goodyear
07-11-2013, 02:52 PM
I had this with one of my mindees who used to drink a lot of milk even when she was old enough to have more solid food than milk but it had become a habit. When she was 2 there were 3 full bottles of milk in her bag to last a 9 hour day. Her nappies were disgusting and always leaked everywhere. Discussed with mum possibly a milk intolerance but as soon as we stopped most of the milk and encouraged her to eat more her poos were normal. Was really dreading the toilet training stage but luckily by then she was fine.

gef918
07-11-2013, 08:53 PM
My dd and a mindee both had this. Lots of investigation into my dd's diet never turned up any intolerances - messed around with her diet for years though, restricting milk and wheat.

Talk to parents about discussing possible intolerances with GP and use a barrier cream. Get used to checking nappy often if it's not smelly.

Mrs Scrubbit
07-11-2013, 09:25 PM
I'm having the same problem with an 18mth mindee, we know that teething is an issue at the moment but it has got worse these past few weeks , we have made a link to the fact that Mum has been putting some fruit smoothies in the lunch bag recently ...... mind you they are well liked by the LO xxx