PDA

View Full Version : Loosing heating :(

07-11-2013, 10:00 AM
It is a bug bear this time of year.....wide open front door at drop off and pick up and heating going straight out the door! This morning really took the mick!!! I have a 4 year old schoolie who is a nightmare every drop off and pick up time! This morning when his mum brought him, he did his usual hiding behind the bush and refusing to come to the door. Meanwhile the front door is wide open with mum standing on my doorstep trying to persuade him in! I have kids in the playroom unsupervised, I'm in the middle of doing breakfast for my own kids and I'm stuck at the front door whilst this mum try's to control her kid :(

bunnyjess
07-11-2013, 10:46 AM
Ah that happened to me too this morning :-/ it's hard knowing what to do. I left the mum to it in the end

little chickee
07-11-2013, 11:07 AM
I would have a chat to Mum and let her know how disruptive this all is in the morning.
Pleasent and polite but firm.

Include that you are letting heat out and leaving kids unattended.
Then tell her that she needs to have a firm hold of mindees hand before she rings the bell. If you open the door and mindee isnt ready to come in inform Mum that you will just close the door again until hes ready.

You'll only have to do it a few times and mindee will realise that he gets no attention for playing up and will be ready.

07-11-2013, 12:27 PM
I think I am just worried about coming across as grumpy or too strict but I'm sick of it and just don't have time in the mornings as it is SOoooo busy as my own 3 children have to leave for school at 7:45am!

karen m
07-11-2013, 01:32 PM
I have a family like this , it drives me batty, mum starts with the girls aren't here do you know were they are now at first I laughed and after a couple of minutes they appear but 3 months down the line it is getting tedious so have started to be a bit more firm in my tone of voice , right girls straight in it freezing out here , then mum starts with the hugs and kisses and I love you ,

Mrs Scrubbit
07-11-2013, 09:59 PM
Luckily I have a large entrance lobby area so I have always done hand- overs there with the door into the house kept firmly closed until the goodbyes have been said and the parents have left -so no heat loss:) xx

Koala
07-11-2013, 10:04 PM
I think I am just worried about coming across as grumpy or too strict but I'm sick of it and just don't have time in the mornings as it is SOoooo busy as my own 3 children have to leave for school at 7:45am!

It's tricky but someones got to 'grow a pair' :blush: and if mum can't it's going to have to be you :thumbsup: Good luck :thumbsup:

clairer
07-11-2013, 10:06 PM
I find parents laboriously slow with both the children coming in and going out! Parents want to chat at the door forever sometimes whilst children run riot! ARGH! Sometimes I say I must get back to the others!