PDA

View Full Version : Planning for afterschool

adele1985
07-11-2013, 09:22 AM
I've just lost my full time eyfs child so at the moment I only have after school children all aged 5+

What dose everyone else do about planning do you still link it to the eyfs, do I need to do planning for these children

Roseolivia
07-11-2013, 09:39 AM
No, my after school children do what they want. They watch movies, play xbox, play with each other/garden, Crafts if they want. I leave it up to them, they have a full day at school and sometimes want to chill. With the up to 6yr olds you're meant to keep in mind the EYFS but don't have to do what you would for a non schoolie.

critch
07-11-2013, 02:03 PM
I do no planning for before and after school kids they do what they want too, however I have sent hey are doing hansel and gretle as part of their learning about homes at school and by chnace I got that book from the library last week so plan to read it to them later!

loocyloo
07-11-2013, 02:16 PM
My Schoolies also organise themselves! There is usually a craft activity around and always pens paper glue etc. Some read, some play, some go outside.

I have a reception schoolie and I know what they are doing at school so if I can link something in I do, but after a full day at school, this mindee just needs to chill!

gef918
07-11-2013, 08:58 PM
When I looked after 5yr+, we would discuss things that they would like to do that week, e.g. choosing a recipe to cook or which playground to go to, etc. I would also give suggestions based on ideas I found on pinterest or other websites. Never wrote anything down though, other than possibly a shopping list for a baking activity.

sarah707
08-11-2013, 06:19 PM
We help the children to plan their own time here - we introduce ideas and buy the resources and off they go! :D