PDA

View Full Version : What do you think...

kellyskidz!
06-11-2013, 03:00 PM
I often take a peek on another childminders Facebook page (don't judge me, I'm just curious lol!) and she's been posting about an upcoming 'offer'
I've been dying to know what it is, as I'm a fan of offers myself, and am always interested in what ideas others have with their business!
Anyway, she posted it today and this is what it says
**OFFER TIME**
The first person to recommend me to a new client will receive EITHER
A voucher for a days free Childcare or Babysitting (up to 5hours care)
Or £30 cash!!!
Note- this person who signs up must be genuine, I just want to get my name out there and begin my business properly
Also the voucher or cash can only be redeemed after the client has been with me for 1 month (and paid a months fees)
Get spreading the word!! Remember, this is only a one off offer and goes to the FIRST person who's name is given to me when someone signs up

Just thought I'd post it on here to see what others thought of this offer. I've never heard of or seen any minders doing offers (bar the sibling discount, which I offer myself)

Koala
06-11-2013, 03:45 PM
Good luck to her and I hope she gets business. We all have to start somewhere and everyone wins with this offer. :D

Mouse
06-11-2013, 03:56 PM
Do you know she's not a member on here and won't see what you've posted?

If I was her i'd be a bit peeved that another childminder was posting my offer on a public message board and questioning it!

Good on her for being creative in her advertising. I hope it gets her some work :thumbsup:

kellyskidz!
06-11-2013, 04:38 PM

If I was her i'd be a bit peeved that another childminder was posting my offer on a public message board and questioning it!

Good on her for being creative in her advertising. I hope it gets her some work :thumbsup:

Did I question it?
I thought it was a forum where we could post things related to Childminding, which this is. I haven't said she's wrong to do this, I just asked people opinions on it, simply to see if it was a popular idea, and maybe people could even use the idea themselves
I'd never seen it before and wondered what others thought, as in, is it a good idea to get business or would you not do it? Not to judge her, as that's totally not my style or my place to
Like I said, I was being nosey, so she could judge me if anything lol!
Yes I know she's not a member on here as I've met her once before and recommended this site which she said she's not a member of. Even if she did see it, I'm not really worried as, like I said, I'm not slating her in the slightest and I apologise if you thought I was :)

Koala
06-11-2013, 04:41 PM

or she might be happy to get more publicity and start a trend. :thumbsup:

maryp0ppins
06-11-2013, 04:51 PM
I didn't think you were slating her Kellyskidz I did read it that you were after opinions.

So my opinion is

Personally I wouldn't do it UNLESS my business was really struggling so I can understand why she may have advertised this.
I also have had the odd nose on other CM facebook but then isn't Facebook designed for that? Being nosey I mean?
I see it that if people didn't want their business/personal stuff out in public then they would post it on Facebook or other social networks

:-D

kellyskidz!
06-11-2013, 05:37 PM
I didn't think you were slating her Kellyskidz I did read it that you were after opinions.

So my opinion is

Personally I wouldn't do it UNLESS my business was really struggling so I can understand why she may have advertised this.
I also have had the odd nose on other CM facebook but then isn't Facebook designed for that? Being nosey I mean?
I see it that if people didn't want their business/personal stuff out in public then they would post it on Facebook or other social networks

:-D
Me too, I haven't named her or her business or the area she's from or anything, it could be anyone. Her fb page open to public so really, im guessing she wants people to see it. And glad that you didn't take it the wrong way, as I genuinely didn't put the offer on here to critise it, just to see if others had done it, had it gone well for them etc etc. :)

Ripeberry
06-11-2013, 06:00 PM
It's an idea, but I would not do it myself.