PDA

View Full Version : School training day

Miss freckles
06-11-2013, 12:26 PM
Our local school has a staff training day Friday, as yet the two before and after schoolers have not yet asked me for a space all day.

However if they do I'm reluctant to say yes, I have three under 5 s on a Friday a 15 mth old and two 18mth olds who are quite challenging throw into the mix my two 5 & 8 and the schoolies 4 & 6 I don't know if I can cope with that crowd and not being able to go out all day.

Do you all provide care for schoolies on staff training days? Obviously it's in the contracts to have them on those days before and after school but if school isn't open does that mean I'm meant to have them all day?

Also the 4 yr old takes me up to four under fives but is this ok because she is at full time school?

Koala
06-11-2013, 12:35 PM
NO you don't have to do anything you haven't agreed to, don't feel guilty and don't do it if you think it's too much, I wouldn't and neither would their parents!! :thumbsup:

cathtee
06-11-2013, 02:47 PM
I have had schoolies where they have a holiday place so they come tt days, but I also had a term time only child so he didn't come on tt days as he didn't have a space for him, so mom had to have alternative care for these days, it just depends on how what's in the contract.