PDA

View Full Version : Walking ropes

dottylotty
06-11-2013, 08:25 AM
On school run or when we were out at the Zoo the other day I find it hard to keep them all together. The worst ones for wondering off are of course my 2!! I have been looking at walking ropes but can't decide which ones. I'm not sure i want their wrists attached to the rope but a shape to hold on too would be a good idea. Do any of you use them?

Thanks

QualityCare
06-11-2013, 08:50 AM
The walkodile is a popular one with nursery groups, l have seen one being used by a nursery near us, not sure how l feel about them, if one child were to fall do all the rest follow as they are all attached. There was a thread ages ago about them maybe if someone brought one they will post.

Sweetpea
06-11-2013, 09:25 AM
Could you make one maybe?

hectors house
06-11-2013, 09:36 AM
When on a walk near a river with the mindees and my dogs the path was quite narrow so I used my extendable dog lead, one of the older ones held the end with the handle, I held the end with the clip and the 2 younger mindees held the cord in the middle. I admit I hadn't risk assessed the walk in advance but we were nearly back at the car and I didn't want to make them turn round and walk another 2 miles. The lead idea worked well maybe you could make something similar.

ruby
06-11-2013, 05:04 PM
We have the walkodile Duo, we got it with our Tesco for School vouchers last year, it is very useful as we have 3 to walk to Nursery and one tends to like running off . Used it for the first 3 months of nursery runs but don't use it at the moment as he is fine now but most probably start next April when we have another 2 starting nursery

Cathy