PDA

View Full Version : Don't they make you laugh

clairer
05-11-2013, 11:26 AM
Kids- the things they say- it really makes me chuckle. The girl age 2 I'm minding just said to me"get out of the way big fat bottom" -normally a sweet little girl I fell about laughing. You would never guess she has an older brother would you! ;)

Cinnamon Sugar
05-11-2013, 01:42 PM
Kids- the things they say- it really makes me chuckle. The girl age 2 I'm minding just said to me"get out of the way big fat bottom" -normally a sweet little girl I fell about laughing. You would never guess she has an older brother would you! ;)

Cheeky monkey :-)

JCrakers
05-11-2013, 02:01 PM
I'm always getting abuse off mine :laughing:

kellyskidz!
05-11-2013, 02:07 PM
Lol they do come out with some corkers!
It's a good thing were thick skinned or we'd be offended and start starving ourselves every time they said something like 'you're too big to go down that slide!!' (A daily occurrence for me!)

doris127
05-11-2013, 02:45 PM
Last week we were getting ready to go to do the school pick up. We were taking the dog so he was on the lead and got all tangled up round the table leg. 4yo mindee said - look he's all tangled up. So as I untangled him I said - oh dear he is a twit . Yes - she said - he is a twit - except she can't say "tw" it just comes out as "t"!! Pre-emptive explanation to mum that night!!!!

SYLVIA
05-11-2013, 07:31 PM
Well that's better than the 's..t head' i got called today by my 3yr old mindee

clairer
05-11-2013, 07:35 PM
Sylvia OMG what did you say to that? Hope the child isn't called that by his parents.

Ps I'm a size 10! There's no hope.

funemnx
05-11-2013, 07:39 PM
Sylvia what a little darling you have there! :eek:

My little smarty pants says on the way to school this morning (2 1/2 yrs) you're REALLY old aren't you B? :panic: Yes I am :blush::laughing::laughing:

SYLVIA
05-11-2013, 07:44 PM
I think he hears it in normal conversation because that's how he said it. He could just as well have been calling my a cheeky monkey with the tone he used. We had a long conversation about saying things that are not very nice but to be honest I think I wasted my time! I told mum and she told him not to say things like that but I think she found it funny. I'll wait and see if it happens again. He is quite good at taking things on board when you take time to explain to him

MrsPixie
05-11-2013, 09:39 PM
haha they are so delightful! I have reached that point where all children think I am old (I am only 22!) :)

The Juggler
05-11-2013, 10:32 PM
Well that's better than the 's..t head' i got called today by my 3yr old mindee

:eek::panic::panic::panic: seriously - what did his parents say!!!!!

doris127
05-11-2013, 11:00 PM
When discussing ages either a 4 year old a couple of weeks ago she started talking about when she grows up and has kids. I said she could go to work and I could look after them for her. She just gave me a withering look and said "No. You'll be dead!" That made me feel good?! I'm only in my 40s!!

kel1983
06-11-2013, 10:30 AM
Whilst sat at the table having lunch yesterday a 4 year old said to me "so Kelly what do you want to be when you grow up?" I am 30. Lol

SYLVIA
06-11-2013, 07:45 PM
:eek::panic::panic::panic: seriously - what did his parents say!!!!!

Not alot unfortunately, Like I said I think it's normal conversation in their world. The thing is he is a lovely little chap who loves to learn and do things and really takes on board what you tell him. I just feel that next year when he goes to school and i have noting more to do with him, everything I've done with him will be wasted.

Ripeberry
06-11-2013, 07:58 PM
It's really sad when little children use swear words :( My mindees are at that age 5 yrs and 3 yrs where they find toilet humor hilarious. I've been called 'Poo-poo Head' a few times. They are very polite the rest of the time.

tulip0803
06-11-2013, 07:59 PM
My new mindee 2.5 said to me "You don't work at the family centre anymore do you?" " No I don't. Where do I work now?" "Here." "And do you know what work I do?" "Yes you play!":D

Another 2 year old said (whilst covering her sides with her hands) "Don't take my ribs!"

4 year old mindee told her Mum "Tulip doesn't like the word Poopoo head but she likes Weewee head!"